PDA

View Full Version : Do you use StereoXL?

MikeekiM
2008-09-25, 08:47
A poll...as well as a thread for discussion on StereoXL...

Do you use it? What setting do you use? And if it depends, what does it depend on? Do you set it and forget it? Or do you constantly tweak it based on the music you are listening to?

MeSue
2008-09-25, 09:39
Mostly it's left on Medium, but sometimes when I have the Boom outside I will put it up to High.

MikeekiM
2008-09-25, 10:42
That makes sense...

In the Boom whitepaper (page 7), it states "In order to allow for varying user preferences, and track encodings there are 3 settings for StereoXL. The best one is typically in the middle (medium)."

iPhone
2008-09-25, 11:37
A poll...as well as a thread for discussion on StereoXL...

Do you use it? What setting do you use? And if it depends, what does it depend on? Do you set it and forget it? Or do you constantly tweak it based on the music you are listening to?

I have it set to medium when On. One more choice might be added to the poll in my opinion. I selected the last one because it looked like it fit best. For me its more about whether it needs to be On or Off then what level.

My use is more like the Karate Kid, XL On, XL Off. Depending on the room and the use, I either have it XL On set to medium or XL Off.

ModelCitizen
2008-09-25, 12:23
I leave mine on medium but occasionally turn it up to high if I am listening to highly processed psy-ambient music (usually whilst in a alternative frame of mind).

Why the poll?

MC

mvalera
2008-09-25, 15:35
I use medium on my Booms at home.

Mike

tonywalk
2008-09-25, 18:50
My use is more like the Karate Kid, XL On, XL Off. Depending on the room and the use, I either have it XL On set to medium or XL Off.

(One for our UK viewers (inc. me))

WHen the travel company went bump was that XL off?

aubuti
2008-09-26, 06:49
Mostly it's left on Medium, but sometimes when I have the Boom outside I will put it up to High.
same here .