PDA

View Full Version : Continued problems scanning directories..

Gyromancer
2008-09-25, 08:29
Hi,

I have been running slimserver 6.5.x without any problems on a Qnap TS101 for a couple of years without problems. But the lack of support for advancing features has led me to use my main PC as a server and try running SqueezeCenter 7.x instead.

Since trying this however I have been unable to get (any) version of SlimCenter to scan all my music folders, regardless of whether I do a clean new scan or a rescan to add music. It bombs on the search at anywhere between 10s and 2mins. It's starting to drive me wild as I have now tried fresh installs of every version of 7.x and just about every combination of kickstarts I can think of.

So I throw my arms up and cry for help from the community before I start sulking and resort back to the old NAS and it's lousy (albeit working... 6.5.1.)

This is the error I am getting in the scan log:

[08-09-25 18:18:44.6387] main::main (219) Error: Failed when running main scan: [Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): Error executing 'SELECT me.id, me.titlesort, me.contributor, me.compilation, me.year, me.artwork, me.disc, me.discc, me.musicmagic_mixable, me.titlesearch, me.replay_gain, me.replay_peak, me.musicbrainz_id, me.title FROM albums me LEFT JOIN tracks tracks ON ( tracks.album = me.id ) WHERE ( me.disc IS NULL AND me.discc IS NULL AND me.title = ? AND tracks.url LIKE ? ) GROUP BY me.id': DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_460_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17) at C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 771.
]
[08-09-25 18:18:44.6391] main::main (220) Error: Skipping post-process & Not updating lastRescanTime!
[08-09-25 18:19:54.3865] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (70) Error: Error executing 'SELECT me.id, me.titlesort, me.contributor, me.compilation, me.year, me.artwork, me.disc, me.discc, me.musicmagic_mixable, me.titlesearch, me.replay_gain, me.replay_peak, me.musicbrainz_id, me.title FROM albums me LEFT JOIN tracks tracks ON ( tracks.album = me.id ) WHERE ( me.disc IS NULL AND me.discc IS NULL AND me.title = ? AND tracks.url LIKE ? ) GROUP BY me.id': DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_460_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17) at C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 771.
[08-09-25 18:19:54.3871] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (70) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (C:/PROGRA~1/SQUEEZ~1/server/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 70)
frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 773)
frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_execute (C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 826)
frame 3: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_select (C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 852)
frame 4: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::select_single (C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm line 509)
frame 5: DBIx::Class::ResultSet::single (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Schema.pm line 2345)
frame 6: Slim::Schema::_postCheckAttributes (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Schema.pm line 985)
frame 7: Slim::Schema::newTrack (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Utils/Scanner.pm line 339)
frame 8: Slim::Utils::Scanner::scanDirectory (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Music/MusicFolderScan.pm line 79)
frame 9: Slim::Music::MusicFolderScan::startScan (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Music/Import.pm line 491)
frame 10: Slim::Music::Import::runImporter (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Music/Import.pm line 335)
frame 11: Slim::Music::Import::runScan (scanner.pl line 213)
frame 12: (eval) (scanner.pl line 207)
frame 13: main::main (scanner.pl line 353)

[08-09-25 18:19:54.3949] main::main (219) Error: Failed when running main scan: [Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): Error executing 'SELECT me.id, me.titlesort, me.contributor, me.compilation, me.year, me.artwork, me.disc, me.discc, me.musicmagic_mixable, me.titlesearch, me.replay_gain, me.replay_peak, me.musicbrainz_id, me.title FROM albums me LEFT JOIN tracks tracks ON ( tracks.album = me.id ) WHERE ( me.disc IS NULL AND me.discc IS NULL AND me.title = ? AND tracks.url LIKE ? ) GROUP BY me.id': DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_460_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17) at C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 771.
]
[08-09-25 18:19:54.3857] main::main (220) Error: Skipping post-process & Not updating lastRescanTime!

If that helps shed any light?

Help urgently required, as I am getting music withdrawals and reaching for the big box of CDs under my stairs...

Thanks

G

Gyromancer
2008-09-25, 08:32
My bad.

I am currently running XP 32bit Prof with SqueezeCenter 7.2 but I have tried clean installs of all the 7.x variants without success.

Mark Lanctot
2008-09-25, 08:34
Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_460_0.MYD'

Your virus scanner is locking access to MySQL .MYI and .MYD files SqueezeCenter needs to access.

Set your virus scanner to ignore .MY* files.

Lots more about this in the forum if you search for ".MY*".

Gyromancer
2008-09-25, 08:57
You sir, are my Hero..

It's all squirrelling away now nicely... After all that I am a little embarrassed that it was something so simple.

Cheers

G

Mark Lanctot
2008-09-25, 09:06
You sir, are my Hero..

It's all squirrelling away now nicely... After all that I am a little embarrassed that it was something so simple.

Cheers

G

No problem. It's a very common issue and the solution varies from virus scanner to virus scanner (some have to be disabled entirely, some can exclude certain directories or extensions).

If you wouldn't mind to help out others, please list what virus scanner you're using and what you had to do to get it to stop scanning .MY* files. Thanks!

Gyromancer
2008-09-25, 09:19
No problem. It's a very common issue and the solution varies from virus scanner to virus scanner (some have to be disabled entirely, some can exclude certain directories or extensions).

If you wouldn't mind to help out others, please list what virus scanner you're using and what you had to do to get it to stop scanning .MY* files. Thanks!

I was running Comodo and Avast.

Disabled / uninstalled Commodo completely (as it was causing hastle with all sorts of things anyway.

For Avast in options, under "Standard Shield" I used the "Customize" level of sensitivity. Within this there is an "Advanced" tab which allows the exclusion of extensions as you described.

I just added *.my* to this.

Sad to say that i was in such a hurry to get things working that scientific curiousity went out the window, so I couldn't tell you which of these fixed it, but looking at the other posts I suspect Comodo was the biggest player...

Thanks again.