PDA

View Full Version : Problems after router reset

HUEY
2008-09-25, 06:25
I have had a duet for about 3 months now, and recently added a SB3 into the mix. My Linksys A/G wireless router needed a factory reset, and I've had nothing but problems with the sb3 since then.

Little overview of my setup: I have a wireless usb adapter at the computer, the wireless router at the dsl connection, and 4 wireless devices, although at the most only two of them are active. This has worked almost flawlessly with the squeeze units.

After reconfiguring the router for security, I first turned on the duet receiver in the bedroom, which is also the same room that the router is in. It had some stuttering, so I tried a different channel, and it worked like it should.

I then tried the SB3, which is downstairs, and probably closer to the router than the duet receiver, but it does have a floor between them. No matter what I did, I could not get it to play without dropouts. I ended up hooking up my wireless A/G gaming adapter that I have, doing a reset so that I could select ethernet, and finally got it working that way.

The one thing that I have noticed that is different, is the wireless icon in the windows shows a connection speed ranging from 48-54 mbps. Before the reset of the router, and after adding the Squeeze units, it was running in the 24-36 mbps, which I always figured the router was managing connection speeds to optimize bandwidth for all devices. Again, at those speeds, everything worked flawlessly.

Any suggestions? I've tried different channels on the g network, but nothing seemed to make a difference.
Rob

Mark Lanctot
2008-09-25, 08:15
How is your SqueezeCenter server connected to your network? Wirelessly?

If so there are two wireless hops and you will be prone to wireless problems.

Also see here:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/NetworkProblemsSecondGuide

HUEY
2008-09-25, 12:57
How is your SqueezeCenter server connected to your network? Wirelessly?

If so there are two wireless hops and you will be prone to wireless problems.

Also see here:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/NetworkProblemsSecondGuide

Yes, there are two hops, but it has been that way from the beginning with virtualy no problems. I know it isn't the best way, but it has seem to work so far.
Rob