PDA

View Full Version : where is favorites list stored?

hammond
2008-09-25, 01:44
anyone who knows where the favorites list are?

I have a squeezebox duet installed on a xp system. the install is orginal,

several times I now have lost it due to new install of the system.

if it is a folder or a file, I just want to keep a backup.

Siduhe
2008-09-25, 02:51
Look in the directory you have set as the Playlist folder. There should be a .OPML file there called "favorites" (note the US spelling). That's the file you want to back up.

Having it in the Playlist folder makes a lot of sense to me as that's a folder (along with Music Folder) you should be backing up regularly anyway.

If you don't have a playlist folder set, not sure where SC will put it - try Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data [hidden folder]/Squeezecenter maybe?

perstromgren
2008-09-25, 12:56
Look in the directory you have set as the Playlist folder. There should be a .OPML file there called "favorites" (note the US spelling).

That is not correct, at least not in my system. The favorites file is stored in "/var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/favorites.opml" whereas my playlists are stored in ~/Musik, according to SC. This is on a linux system with SC 7.2

Per.

Siduhe
2008-09-25, 13:22
The reference I gave is specific to Windows (XP and Vista at least).

perstromgren
2008-09-26, 02:20
The reference I gave is specific to Windows (XP and Vista at least).

Interesting! This means that the storage policy is different between the systems. I wonder why one of them is stating that the files are stored in a user-defined directory (sama as play list), whereas the other in a predefined directory.

Per.

Siduhe
2008-09-26, 02:38
Michael Herger will know for definite, but it may be related to this (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=40018&highlight=cache+windows).

Gotta love MS...

perstromgren
2008-09-26, 02:53
Michael Herger will know for definite, but it may be related to this (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=40018&highlight=cache+windows).

You are probably right. But it does make sense to store the information as it is done in the Windows version, if you ask me. At any rate, thanks for all information, it has been a good tour!

Per.