PDA

View Full Version : SoftSqueeze Underwater

MikeekiM
2008-09-24, 15:34
My SoftSqueeze playback often sounds like it is playing music underwater...

Is this a known/common issue? Is there any fix planned, and a workaround?

I am running Vista 32 and SC 7.2

Thanks...

SuperQ
2008-09-24, 23:49
Sounds like a bitrate miss-match of some kind. Does it always happen with some songs? Or does it happen randomly on all songs?

MikeekiM
2008-09-24, 23:56
Sounds like a bitrate miss-match of some kind. Does it always happen with some songs? Or does it happen randomly on all songs?

I noticed today that in Pandora, I was trying to play a song, and it would not play it... I tried several times, and finally, it played an R&B song with a rock song title... A few moments later, it tried to play both at the same time... It was a little weird...

Furry
2008-10-03, 11:10
Using SC 7.2 on either Linux FC8 or WinXP(SP3), and SS 3.7...

I'm also finding that some songs just won't play on the SS, whereas they play fine on a SB3.

I've also had the '2 things playing at once' problem.

So, where I'd hoped to use a SS on a PC, I'm going back to using hardware - SB3.

Dave.

yeomanspc
2008-10-03, 17:06
Running SC 7.2.1 (Oct 2 build) and SS 3.7 on WIN XP pro SP3 / Java 1.6.0_07. Lately (since 7.2?) Softsqueeze started skipping / jumping and yes sometimes - bad quality (underwater is good description). I changed to a Duet and it's fine. Expensive fix for my desk :-(. SS worked fine ever since it was released (3 years?) till just the last couple of weeks.
I tried installing the MP3 plugin but that made little/no difference. It's like the stream gets interrupted momentarilly. Also increased the buffer size, but it still jumps / stops. My cpu is running never more than 50% and disk IO is minimal. 2gb memory. Ideas?