PDA

View Full Version : Display keeps black if returning from snooze

Punga
2008-09-24, 08:04
Hi,

I want to use my SB Boom as alarm clock and therefore I did some unusual settings to the screensaver, since I set all three options to "Date/Time". My idea is to have Date/Time as default display (like an standard alarm-clock) since I'm not interested into artist/song information at sleeptimer/alarm events. Additionally I set display brightness for standby and off-state to "0" - so SB Boom won't light up the bedroom if using for sleeptimer.

Now if an alarm event is triggered SB Boom rises brightness, shows Date/Time and plays the alarm. If using the snooze-button everything works like I wanted to: the alarm stops and the display gets black. But if the alarm repeats after snooze-time is over, the display stays black. Shouldn't the display show date/time again like the first time the alarm starts before using the snooze button?

Thanks
Punga

max.spicer
2008-09-25, 00:48
Hi,

I want to use my SB Boom as alarm clock and therefore I did some unusual settings to the screensaver, since I set all three options to "Date/Time". My idea is to have Date/Time as default display (like an standard alarm-clock) since I'm not interested into artist/song information at sleeptimer/alarm events. Additionally I set display brightness for standby and off-state to "0" - so SB Boom won't light up the bedroom if using for sleeptimer.

Now if an alarm event is triggered SB Boom rises brightness, shows Date/Time and plays the alarm. If using the snooze-button everything works like I wanted to: the alarm stops and the display gets black. But if the alarm repeats after snooze-time is over, the display stays black. Shouldn't the display show date/time again like the first time the alarm starts before using the snooze button?

Thanks
Punga

When the alarm goes off it turns the Boom on. From that point onwards, the Boom stays on until you turn it off. If you hit Snooze during an alarm, it simply pauses the music. At the end of the snooze period the music is unpaused. The alarm doesn't do anything special with the brightness, so the display during an alarm will just do whatever your when on and when idle settings are set to.

You should probably check your When Idle brightness - this should not be set to dark unless you want the display to go dark whilst the Boom is on but you haven't touched a button in a while.

Max

Punga
2008-09-25, 01:29
Hi Max,

thanks for your quick reply.

You should probably check your When Idle brightness - this should not be set to dark unless you want the display to go dark whilst the Boom is on but you haven't touched a button in a while.

Unfortunately that would keep the display active if using the sleeptimer - and that would keep me awake (really).

Maybe it would be a good idea to be able to set screensaver, brightness and idle time just for the alarm event - or maybe a setting like "disable screensaver/brightness/idle time while alarm event is triggered" or "enable display for alarm/snooze - event"?

That would be perfect for those who want to use SB Boom as alarm clock replacement...

Cheers
Punga