PDA

View Full Version : Radio tune in question

bflatmajor
2008-09-24, 07:32
Hello everyone,

There is a radio station in the San francisco bay area called 98.1 kiss fm.
They also do a simulcast via the web.
I've used URL snooper to see if I can determine what the proper url is without much look.

I would love to listen to this station on my squeezebox, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!?

I can hear it on my pc.

Thank you

The web site www.981kissfm.com

andyg
2008-09-24, 07:44
Find it via the RadioTime menu.

bflatmajor
2008-12-22, 10:51
I'm on version 7.3 and I can no longer find it.
The radio station that I mentioned previously was playing via radiotime.

Can someone please help..

toby10
2008-12-22, 11:28
I'm on version 7.3 and I can no longer find it.
The radio station that I mentioned previously was playing via radiotime.

Can someone please help..

SC7 > Internet Radio > Search > enter "KISS" and it's on the second page of results

Andy: Maybe it's just my system but my Search in SC7 I get some strange results:

- searching "KISS 98.1" gives two results including the station he is asking about, but neither have any station details when I click on them nor will either Play. Yet same KISS 98.1 shows station info and plays fine if using search "KISS" and going to page 2

- search results with multiple pages, sometimes clicking the search page number or > it says "no results", then why is it telling me there are more pages of results?

- using SEARCH function: after searching then clicking on Search Results to go back to Search results also states "no results". Doing so in ShoutCast properly takes me back to my search results

Just an FYI :)

bflatmajor
2008-12-22, 11:44
I get the following error on my SB2

Http 1.0 500 internal server error.

Any suggestions?

toby10
2008-12-22, 11:53
I get the following error on my SB2

Http 1.0 500 internal server error.

Any suggestions?

You get this result using above searching instructions?
Do you have a RadioTime account set up on your SC version?
You could try going to RadioTime.com, searching the station there, then click on "add to my presets". Then go to your SC7 > Internet Radio > RadioTime Presets > (folder) and it should be there.

Can you play other stations?

bflatmajor
2008-12-22, 12:11
I can play other stations fine.

This is where I have a problem..

When I follow your instructions, I do not have a listing for 'RadioTime Presets' under Internet Radio

toby10
2008-12-22, 13:12
I can play other stations fine.

This is where I have a problem..

When I follow your instructions, I do not have a listing for 'RadioTime Presets' under Internet Radio

I think all radio accounts are managed through SqueezeNetwork.com now. There used to be a section for such account info within SC but I don't see that anymore.

If you haven't already done so you'll have to create a SqueezeNetwork account, then register your player on SN. Within the SN web UI under Accounts is where you would enter your RadioTime account info.

Then the RadioTime Presets option will show in SC.

I'm starting to guess that your SC7 is not properly setup with a RadioTime account, which may be why you are getting errors.

While on SN you may as well get signed up for the other great free Internet Radio services like Last.fm, Slacker, Pandora, and Live365.