PDA

View Full Version : No Artwork Scan

rustysamy
2008-09-24, 04:51
I posted on this problem a few months back and have made some progress but I still can't get my Squeezebox Duet to reliably scan artwork.

The problem is that, more times than not, the scanning process will completely miss the Artwork scan. You can see this on the Status tab during scanning. When this happens, there's no thumbnail type art on the Albums listing. I still get art in the Now Playing display but I guess this is retrieving this from the file itself (all my art is embedded in the mp3 files)

When, ocassionaly, it does the Artwork scan everything is fine.

Is there a way to get it to do this reliably? I've tried changing settings before a scan, doing a full cache removal, etc but nothing seems to make it happen for sure.

rustysamy
2008-09-24, 12:41
Problem fixed - it was McAfee Virus Scan.

Just did a search of these forums for problems with Artwork and pretty quickly saw that McAfee was a common cause. Disabled it and everything scans fine now!

There should really be something on this in the offical FAQ I think.

Secret Squirrel
2008-09-24, 12:49
Problem fixed - it was McAfee Virus Scan.

Just did a search of these forums for problems with Artwork and pretty quickly saw that McAfee was a common cause. Disabled it and everything scans fine now!

There should really be something on this in the offical FAQ I think.

Glad to hear the good news!

Sounds like an opportunity for you to contribute to the wiki. Adding the instructions of how you either ignore those file types within McAfee or how you disabled the program would probably be of assistance to a some/many computer challenged "squeezers".

Thanks in advance for your contribution!

SS