PDA

View Full Version : SquuezeCenter issues

SiCHIPS
2008-09-23, 16:33
I am using an external 1.5T Maxtor 'brick' (Firewire 800 supported SATAII drives) USB connected to the USB port on my Airport extreme and using either my WindowsXP or MacBook-Pro as a server. I am using Max and iTunes for the ripping but leaning to iTunes with aiff file creation.

Questions:
1) What gives with the Music Folder versus the Music Library? Not all of my artist appear in the Library even though I do a full rescan (clearing everything 1st)... they are in the Folder though!
Makes absolutely NO SENSE to me... How much more complicated can it be?
I know about Playlist but that too should be a separate menu entry!

2) Has anyone else experience a substantial network slowdown when using the USB port of an Airport Extreme as a NAS drive?

3) Isn't aiff as lowless and compatible as FLAC if Max can convert aiff to FLAC?
As I have all my source CDs I really do not care about archiving... I have numerous Gold CDs...

Thanks!

Khuli
2008-09-25, 01:45
1) What gives with the Music Folder versus the Music Library? Not all of my artist appear in the Library even though I do a full rescan (clearing everything 1st)... they are in the Folder though!

What format are your files? The first point is always to check that they are correctly tagged. Do you have anything listed under 'No Artist' or 'No Album'?

SiCHIPS
2008-09-26, 16:46
Problem appears to not be related to tagging!
My Music Library and Music Folder are considerably different in size and content.

I have decided to totally give up FLAC in favor of AIFF in iTunes since I find it much easier and it totally handles the artwork without a headache... even those CD that I have that the CD database is not finding.

Yes, I do have an unknown folder and I do know what you are referring to. Sorry if my question is too simple but I just cannot understand why I need to negotiate from the Music Library-->Music Folder to find my music! From what I can tell, the Music Library has some but not all of my CDs that I ripped... I just do not understand this.

Seems to me the only necessary categories are:
1) Music Folder (where all my CD's ripped are held)
2) Internet Radio
3) Music Services (Pandora, SHOUTcast etc)
4) Settings
5) Digital Inputs
6) Extras...

What am I missing?
My confusion must be related to something simple that I have missed.

Also, it should be really easy to setup an internet connection is something gets dropped.

On my way to ripping 1500+ CDs into a Firewire 800 Drobo...

Thanks for any clarifications!