PDA

View Full Version : Syncing?

tuckers
2008-09-23, 13:33
I saw in a post someone mentioned syncing. I'd love to sync my Boom to my classic, so I can get seamless audio in my place. Can someone point me to the link for how to do that?

Cabe
2008-09-23, 13:39
If you go into squeezecenter, on the default skin there is a drop down in the top right that lists your players, select the player you wish to sync from.

Then, in the same list, at the bottom, there is an entry marked Synchronize... select it and check the player(s) you want to sync to the current selected player and away they go.

tuckers
2008-09-23, 14:12
Ok, I found it. It's funny, but I was just thinking last night that it would be really nice to sync players!

Listening to the synced players, they sound a bit weird, is there something audible going on by applying the sync to the signal?

radish
2008-09-23, 16:43
If you can hear them both clearly at the same time it's possible that slight timing differences are causing phasing. To some degree this is unavoidable (given the speed of sound) but the new streaming code currently in 7.3 builds should get the sync a lot tighter.

tuckers
2008-09-23, 20:21
No it's not that, I turned one all the way down. It just sounded slightly choppy or warbly. It was slight, could have been psychological.

Mark Miksis
2008-09-23, 20:51
Are you playing internet streams? A synced player will always used proxied streaming even if it is set to direct streaming. Maybe that accounts for the difference...

tuckers
2008-09-23, 23:43
Yes, I was listening to an internet radio station and Pandora.

dean
2008-09-24, 09:20
There's a little card that comes in the clear envelope with the
remote. If you didn't get one with your remote, please let us know!

-dean

tuckers
2008-09-24, 10:16
HI Dean,
My remote came in shrink wrap, but there was no little card with it in the packing part where the remote is, or inside the shrink wrap.

toby10
2008-09-24, 12:25
There's a little card that comes in the clear envelope with the
remote. If you didn't get one with your remote, please let us know!

-dean

Card did come with my Boom. US sale purchased direct from SD.

Front of card is remote instructions (how to open/slide remote cover and remove battery sticker)

Back of card says "can redeem this card for one free Transporter with Boom proof of purchase"

Trevor
2008-09-24, 13:50
With that in mind, I've just ordered my Boom. Should get it on Friday.