PDA

View Full Version : end of alarm and display

pgnyc
2008-09-22, 17:42
hi !
after an alarm goes off and the alarm time out after playing an internet radio,
the screen display is on now playing.

is there a setting so the system goes back to the off screen ( i have the date and day )

max.spicer
2008-09-23, 01:01
hi !
after an alarm goes off and the alarm time out after playing an internet radio,
the screen display is on now playing.

is there a setting so the system goes back to the off screen ( i have the date and day )

There isn't, I'm afraid. When the alarm times out it simply does a stop. It would probably be better if it turned the device off instead. I'm trying to remember now why I went for stop - there was probably a reason...

Max

sk33ve
2008-09-23, 08:33
I'd vote for an option to make it switch off instead of stop too - I use mine as a clock a lot and I'm still having to manually hit off after the alarm completes which is frustrating!

exile
2008-09-23, 09:02
i too vote for off. when i used the extended alarm plugin, I could set a duration for the playlength of the alarm and then when it turned off it also triggered my ir blaster to shut off my receiver. very convenient.

forgive my ignorance, but is there documentation on the new alarm features on the wiki? I'm confused by the repeat option. does this refer to repeating the alarm every day, or repeating it after it's done? also, what button can i hit on my remote to go into snooze mode? I don't have a boom, just an sb2.

lastly, the top of the alarm settings gives an option to have all alarms on. but my alarms reset to off after each day even with the all alarms on button checked. what's the all alarms on check box for then?

max.spicer
2008-09-23, 11:11
i too vote for off. when i used the extended alarm plugin, I could set a duration for the playlength of the alarm and then when it turned off it also triggered my ir blaster to shut off my receiver. very convenient.

Bug 9569.

forgive my ignorance, but is there documentation on the new alarm features on the wiki? I'm confused by the repeat option. does this refer to repeating the alarm every day, or repeating it after it's done? also, what button can i hit on my remote to go into snooze mode? I don't have a boom, just an sb2.

Not sure. I'll have a look and start one if not.

The repeat option controls whether the alarm remains on once it's gone off. Generally, you should leave repeat turned on. However, if you want an alarm to go off once and then stay turned off until you manually turn it on, you should set repeat to off.

The sleep button works as a snooze button during an alarm.

lastly, the top of the alarm settings gives an option to have all alarms on. but my alarms reset to off after each day even with the all alarms on button checked. what's the all alarms on check box for then?

You've probably turned repeat off for your alarms. All Alarms Off is a simple way of making sure that no alarm goes off. You'd use it when going on holiday, for example. When you get back, just set All Alarms On and everything will be back to normal.

Max

exile
2008-09-23, 11:50
thanks! that clarifies everything.

great work on the alarm in general. i use it everyday.

max.spicer
2008-09-23, 11:59
thanks! that clarifies everything.

great work on the alarm in general. i use it everyday.

Thanks!

See http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Alarm_Clock for general alarm info in the wiki and http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Squeezebox_Boom_FAQ#Alarms for Boom-specific alarm info. Please add to this if you see missing stuff.

Max

sk33ve
2008-09-24, 01:40
Voted for the bug - good stuff, thanks!