PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a plugin to add songs to a playlist

phatair
2008-09-22, 09:21
Hi,

i'm looking for a plugin to add songs to an other playlist (not the current playing playlist)

I found this plugin (http://www.hergest.demon.co.uk/Music/slim/PlaylistManPlugin.htm). This plugin is exactly what i need, but the plugin dont work on my system (squeezecenter 7.2) :(

Does anybody know another plugin that does the same thing?

I hope somebody can help me.
Best regards

MeSue
2008-09-22, 09:42
Playlist Manager works on 7.2. I use it all the time. Why do you think it doesn't work?

phatair
2008-09-22, 11:21
hi MeSue,
i copied all files in the plugin folder, restarted squeezecenter and activated the plugin.
I have at the moment one playlist in my squeezecenter. If want to add one song to this playlist (press and hold the "plus" or "add" button on the duet controller nothing happend :(

What did i wrong?

MeSue
2008-09-22, 11:41
Ah... I don't have a controller (yet), and I don't see it mentioned anywhere on the plugin info page, so I suspect this plugin is not supported for the controller. Bummer. Hopefully the author will chime in and confirm this.

I've been thinking of getting a controller, though, so I would love to see this plugin supported for the Controller.

phatair
2008-09-22, 11:50
ah ok, so this explain why it dont work at my side :)

did anybody known a plugin for the controller?

I tried it now with my local installtion - the "add" function dont work there too :(

Kuben72
2008-09-22, 12:21
This plugin doesn't work on the SBC. I wrote the author and he confirmed my suspision. It works fine on a SB3 but not on the SBC and since he hadn't a SBC he didn't have any plans to port it to the Duet.

It is a great plugin though. Something SlimDevices should consider to add to the software as a standard plugin.

MeSue
2008-09-22, 15:27
Add your votes!
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9564

phatair
2008-09-23, 06:54
Hi, thats a great idea.
I vote for it - so i hope many people vote for this, too!!

Philip Meyer
2008-09-23, 08:56
This plugin doesn't work on the SBC. I wrote the author and he confirmed my suspision. It works fine on a SB3 but not on the SBC and since he hadn't a SBC he didn't have any plans to port it to the Duet.

It is a great plugin though. Something SlimDevices should consider to add to the software as a standard plugin.

That's right - I'm the author. I maintain it for SqueezeBox standard remote; I don't have a SqueezeBox controller, and there's no software emulator for that, so there's no way I could write it. It would need completely different code (SqueezeOS) for it.

Several people have asked for this - I should update my website (and plugin wiki page) to make it clear that this is for SB PlayerUI/standard remote control only.

phatair
2008-09-23, 09:32
Hi Philip Meyer,

do you know any other plugin like yours? Do you see any chance that there is sometimes a modify version of your playlist manager that works with the duet controller? I realy miss this feature and i hope there is any intelligent plugin writer outside who can make this work ;)
salute
phatair

Philip Meyer
2008-09-23, 17:31
>do you know any other plugin like yours? Do you see any chance that
>there is sometimes a modify version of your playlist manager that works
>with the duet controller? I realy miss this feature and i hope there is
>any intelligent plugin writer outside who can make this work ;)
>
No, sorry.

MeSue
2008-09-27, 12:01
I got a SB Controller yesterday and discovered a way to make the Playlist Manager plugin work with it (Using Boom as the player). If you install the Retro Browser applet for the Controller, it will let you browse as if you were browsing the screen of a classic Squeezebox. I'm not sure if it will work with the Duet Receiver... didn't check that yet. You can find it here: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezePlay_Applets

phatair
2008-10-16, 12:56
Hi MeSue, i will test it tomorrow. So you installed this skin and then the playlist manager works? I can't believe it but i will test it and hope i will change my opinion :)

I received a mail that james richardson has answerd our Bug 9564 - "integrate Playlist Manager"
My english is not so good and i dont understand what "Targeting Enhancement bugs" means.
Can anybody explain me what this means? Did it mean that slimdevices will integrate this feature in the firmware?

Thanks a lot
Best regards

MeSue
2008-10-16, 14:14
It's not really a skin. It puts an entry called "Retro Browser" under the Extras menu on your Controller. When you navigate to Extras > Retro Browser, it will bring to you a screen that puts a Squeezebox Classic looking display on the Controller screen. From there you can navigate the display just like you would using a normal remote on a Squeezebox with a display. By the way, I checked and it does work with the Duet Receiver, too.

I think that bug update was just that someone had looked at it. It is not assigned to a specific version number so we don't know yet if they have plans to integrate it.

phatair
2008-10-16, 23:54
thanks Mesue - thats sounds great :)

So i looked again at our Bur 9564 and there is a Version info - Version: 7.2.1

Did i understand this wrong or is this a info that it maybe will be integrated in this version?

EDIT - so i tested the playlist manager with this applet. It works really but for me its not a good solution. I thinks its not the best solution ;)
I hope so much that slimdevices will integrat this feature very soon. I miss it because i listen very often with the "mix feature" and then if i hear a good song i can not add it to my playlist. Yes i can add it to the favorites but thats not a good solution, too :)

MeSue
2008-10-17, 10:52
So i looked again at our Bur 9564 and there is a Version info - Version: 7.2.1

Did i understand this wrong or is this a info that it maybe will be integrated in this version?

No, that's the version that it was reported under. You have to look at "Target Milestone" but right now it is just set to "Future."

I agree, the retro browser is not the best solution. For me, it's better than nothing. Maybe when the Controller emulator is released with 7.3, Philip can get this plugin working for the Controller. (hope, hope)

Philip, where's the Paypal link for bribes???

Philip Meyer
2008-10-17, 11:44
>I agree, the retro browser is not the best solution. For me, it's
>better than nothing. Maybe when the Controller emulator is released
>with 7.3, Philip can get this plugin working for the Controller. (hope,
>hope)
>
There's a chance I could update the plugin to support the Controller when SqueezePlay becomes available. If it's easy to do (never looked at Jive development before), I'll have a go.

Another alternative that could be looked into is if I integrate PlaylistMan with the ContextMenu plugin (if Context Menu supports the Controller). I could add a bunch of functions to the context sensitive menu for Now Playing mode fairly easily I believe.

Phil

phatair
2008-10-17, 13:20
Ah ok, so it was a dream that it will be released with the 7.2.1 version :)

I'm just using the duet. I dont know so much about writing plugins for the duet but i would pay some money for this plugin if it works with the duet controller :)

When will the squeezeplay released? I found someting on the slimdevice wiki but no release date or anything else.

I dont understand slimdevices in this way - i think this is a feature which is very important if you use only the duet controller without the webinterface of the duet. It's not possible to create some playlists only with the duet controller, you always need the webinterface. So if you sitting on your couch and listen to music and hear some nice songs - its a pity that there is no chance to add very quick this songs to your favored playlist.

Kuben72
2008-10-17, 13:49
I dont understand slimdevices in this way - i think this is a feature which is very important if you use only the duet controller without the webinterface of the duet. It's not possible to create some playlists only with the duet controller, you always need the webinterface. So if you sitting on your couch and listen to music and hear some nice songs - its a pity that there is no chance to add very quick this songs to your favored playlist.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have raised this issue more than once and I think that it is one of the most missing features in the SBC. I have never understood why Slimdevices didn't implemented this in the SBC a long time ago.

Philip: It who be just great if you could make it work. My wife often ask me when the "add to my playlist"-function is comming to the SBC.

phatair
2008-10-17, 14:46
Hi Kuben72,
you couldnt agree with me? I think you agree with me :) I wrote the same like you - i miss this feature, too ;)

Kuben72
2008-10-17, 14:50
As I wrote: I couldn't agree with you more = I agree with you. Maybe you should use a English dictionary :)

phatair
2008-10-17, 15:08
oh sorry!!! i'm from germany and my english is not the best ;) The next time i use a dictionary :)

Kuben72
2008-10-18, 02:58
Thats ok. I'm from Denmark and my english is not the best either :)

phatair
2008-12-04, 08:45
HI,
any news about this feature? i hope somebody is working on it :)

chinaski
2008-12-04, 09:15
I have voted for this feature. I too would love to have this part of the standard package. I generally just randomize through my entire collection (which is large). Occasionally I hear a song that I think should go into one of my playlists. It would be great to be able to add it dynamically without interrupting the flow of the music.

phatair
2008-12-29, 02:02
There is something going on on the BugZilla site :)
I hope Philip can modify his playlist manager for the Duet. Even if it not work - thanks for your help!!!