PDA

View Full Version : Alarm time is always indicated in AM or PM

raven22
2008-09-22, 05:42
I live in The Netherlands and we don't use the AM/PM in our time indications. I have set the Boom to use hh:mm (24hr) but this setting does not apply to the alarmtime settings and display. They continue to be in the AM/PM format. Is this a bug? Can it be fixed?

max.spicer
2008-09-22, 05:48
I live in The Netherlands and we don't use the AM/PM in our time indications. I have set the Boom to use hh:mm (24hr) but this setting does not apply to the alarmtime settings and display. They continue to be in the AM/PM format. Is this a bug? Can it be fixed?

Which time display do you mean? It normally uses the time format defined under Settings->Interface. However, it's also possible to define a specific format for the DateTime screensaver that overrides this one. The alarm clock causes the DateTime screensaver to be displayed during an alarm.

Max

bebop
2008-09-22, 10:25
I have made the same observation as Raven22, and my Boom is only connected to Squeezenetwork at present, so no date&time screensaver is used.

My Boom is set up to use 24 Hour time format(HH:MM) and this is also what the Boom shows, but the alarm time , both when set in the menu and when shown is in the AM/PM format, so it clearly doesn't follow the chosen time format. And we europeans are not familiar with the AM/PM, so we better have this fixed :-)

Regards

max.spicer
2008-09-22, 14:32
I have made the same observation as Raven22, and my Boom is only connected to Squeezenetwork at present, so no date&time screensaver is used.

My Boom is set up to use 24 Hour time format(HH:MM) and this is also what the Boom shows, but the alarm time , both when set in the menu and when shown is in the AM/PM format, so it clearly doesn't follow the chosen time format. And we europeans are not familiar with the AM/PM, so we better have this fixed :-)

Regards

My time format is hh:mm and I do not get am/pm when setting the alarm time with the player ui or the web interface. However, the controller ui does appear to use 12h format with am/pm. This is connected to squeezecenter.

Could you both clarify exactly what you are seeing the am/pm format (player, controller, web?) and whether you see this on squeezecenter or squeezenetwork or both.

Thanks,

Max

raven22
2008-09-23, 03:47
Setting the alarm clock on the Boom via Squeezenetwork goes via the 24hr method, but via the Boom itself you have to indicate the AM or PM. And when an alarm is set and you press the top button (snooze) on the Boom the indication is also in AM/PM.
Actual time indications are displayed correctly in 24hr format.

bebop
2008-09-23, 13:15
What Raven22 sees, is exectly what I see too, web interface alarm setting is 24H format, but setting and showing alarm on the boom is in AM/PM format.

Player firmware : 32

Regards

mherger
2008-09-23, 13:32
> What Raven22 sees, is exectly what I see too, web interface alarm
> setting is 24H format, but setting and showing alarm on the boom is in
> AM/PM format.

Could somebody please file a bug on http://bugs.slimdevices.com - thanks!

Michael

max.spicer
2008-09-23, 13:49
What Raven22 sees, is exectly what I see too, web interface alarm setting is 24H format, but setting and showing alarm on the boom is in AM/PM format.

Player firmware : 32

Regards

Is the Boom connected to SqueezeCenter or SqueezeNetwork when you see this?

Max

max.spicer
2008-09-23, 13:58
> What Raven22 sees, is exectly what I see too, web interface alarm
> setting is 24H format, but setting and showing alarm on the boom is in
> AM/PM format.

Could somebody please file a bug on http://bugs.slimdevices.com - thanks!

Michael

Now you've gone and made me get toast crumbs on my keyboard! :-)

Bug 9572.

Max

raven22
2008-09-23, 22:42
Is the Boom connected to SqueezeCenter or SqueezeNetwork when you see this?

Max

Only when connected to Squeezenetwork.
When connected to SC the displayed alarmtime format is 24h.

edit: on my SB3, alarmtime display when connected to Squeezenetwork is 24h as well.