PDA

View Full Version : 0 Artists in library after clean scan

taconaut
2008-09-22, 01:07
Hello,

As I finished putting the stereo together, I wanted to set up the SqueezeServer again. To have a clean environment I made a clean scan of the library (Clear library and rescan everything). During the scanning process everything looked fine, but as soon as it had finished scanning, the song and album count were correct, but the artist count fell to 0.

If I:
- click on artists, an empty list is displayed
- browse by genres, the Artists will display, but when clicking on an Artist, the track list is empty.

The import is done through MusicIP Mixer.

My System specs as SC displays them:
SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2 - 22900 @ Tue Aug 26 11:27:23 PDT 2008 - Windows Vista - EN - cp1252
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt
Platform Architecture: 586

Scan Details:
MusicIP Import (63845 of 63845) Complete 03:45:58
Playlist Scan Complete 00:00:00
Merge Various Artists (4445 of 4445) Complete 00:03:08
Artwork Scan (4816 of 4816) Complete 00:36:21
Database Optimize Complete 00:01:53
SqueezeCenter has finished scanning your music collection. Total Time: 04:27:20

I presume it's the last line of log in scanner.log:
[07:20:44.8700] Slim::Utils::SQLHelper::executeSQLFile (85) Error: Couldn't execute SQL statement: [INSERT INTO contributor_album (role,contributor,album) SELECT DISTINCT role,contributor,album FROM contributor_track,tracks where tracks.id=contributor_track.track;] : [DBD::mysql::db do failed: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`slimserver/contributor_album`, CONSTRAINT `contributor_album_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`album`) REFERENCES `albums` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE) at /<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Utils/SQLHelper.pm line 83, <$fh> line 36.

I've attached the full scanner.log containing exactly one clean scan with the default logging paramteres in the zip file. Setting the log levels of scanner and musicip didn't give more useful informations, but made the log size grow dramatically.
I made several rescans, but the outcome was always the same.

Hope someone will be able to help out.
Cheers, Philippe

Siduhe
2008-09-22, 01:19
This error has come up a few times and the general consensus appears to be that it's either virus scanner related or being caused by the MIP import choking on a character or tag.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=37612&highlight=FOREIGN+KEY

I would try disabling your virus scanner and doing a full clear and rescan to see if that solves the problem. If not, do you have any files with foreign characters in the tags, and which version of MIP are you using? One thing to check as well is that you don't have any DRM tracks in your music library, for some reason the MIP import is choking (at least on my Windows system and a few other people's as well) if there are any DRM tracks in the Squeezecenter library.

taconaut
2008-09-22, 01:36
Hi Siduhe,

I would try disabling your virus scanner and doing a full clear and rescan to see if that solves the problem
The on-access scan is currently disabled in my McAfee antivirus as I had other Problems with SC accessing the DB.

do you have any files with foreign characters in the tags
Yes I do. French accents, German umlauts and possibly even Japanese chars. Everything should be UTF-8 compliant AFAIK.

which version of MIP are you using
The latest beta build -> 1.9 beta 6

check as well is that you don't have any DRM tracks in your music library
That's one thing I'm sure about! I'd never buy DRMd stuff as am completly against this politic.

MIP import is choking (at least on my Windows system and a few other people's as well) if there are any DRM tracks in the Squeezecenter library
Do you know the requests that are causing problems? I could try them manually in the browser and see what is being returned. I doubt its mip related, as when I've enabled the mip import to debug, all files (I think!?) have been displayed correctly.

Have you got any more ideas? I'd prefere not uninstalling McAfee and I can't stop its services as they are being watched by itself (what's good).

Siduhe
2008-09-22, 01:45
What's interesting is that this error hasn't come up in a while - I thought it was fixed in 7.1, so curious that it has come back for you with 7.2. It might be worth trying a 7.2.1 nightly, since they have all the latest bug fixes.

You could also try running the scan (either from within SC or from the command line) with d_import and d_scan, maybe also d_sql debugging flags enabled and you may see some more info about be able to tell which file or bit of data is causing the crash.

taconaut
2008-09-22, 01:55
That's probably why I didn't find any thread mentioning my problem :)
Am I being thick or is there a problem with the nightlies? If I go to the 7.2 version (actually the others as well), the folder is empty in http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/latest/

[edit] Maybe someone saw my post, the nightlies are back :)
[edit2] The scan is running, I'll report back in a few hours, when it will have finished munching through the library.

taconaut
2008-09-22, 07:54
Yippy, doing a rescan with the latest nightly build (7.2.1 - 23233) fixed my problem! AFAICT with the few clicks I did, everything is back to normal.
Thanks for helping out!