PDA

View Full Version : MusicIP, SC7.2 & genre tags

lrossouw
2008-09-22, 00:57
Hi

I have been editing my genre tags recently and have changed many of them. I deleted many genre tag from tracks and put on only tracks that I want to use. Problem is that the old tags are still showing up on the SqueezeCentre. In fact some of the new tags are not showing up.

I have set the SC folder path to my library and I use MusicIP. This does some double scanning but has some advantage (which I can't remember now). Anyway I think MusicIP is still hanging on to the old tags. And then SC reads the file tags and then reads the MusicIP tags and ignores the file tags.

Anyway to fix this? What should I do to avoid this?

Cheers
Louis

cparker
2008-09-22, 05:15
You dont mention the filetype, but I'm guessing you are talking about mp3 tags?

Make sure that you *only* save id3v2.3 tags, id3v1 and id3v2.4 give really strange results, v2.4 tags seem to cause MIP not to be able to read the tags correctly and having both id3v1 and idv2.3 together in a mp3 file causes a heap of mess!

You dont mention whether you are using MIP headless? If you are, then you need to reload the cache and then do a Squeezecentre full re-scan, as sometimes the just check for new/changed wont pick up changes.

Hope this helps, there are some guides on my site which might help you.

Cheers

Philip Meyer
2008-09-22, 05:45
Hi
Anyway to fix this? What should I do to avoid this?

I was unhappy with MusicIP applying tag information over the top of the date retrieved from the SqueezeCenter scanner.

So I changed the MusicIP plugin to avoid importing tag data. Not only does this avoid problems with inconsistencies in tag data, it also speeds up the scan time, especially for new/changed music scanning.

I have added my work to an enhancement request, and this has been merged into SqueezeCenter version 7.3.

You could try the SC7.3 nightly release (if you are the adventurous type!), or you could try replacing the content of the MusicIP plugin with the copy that I've made available on my website: http://www.hergest.demon.co.uk/Music/music.shtml

lrossouw
2008-09-22, 06:14
You dont mention the filetype, but I'm guessing you are talking about mp3 tags?

Make sure that you *only* save id3v2.3 tags,...

You dont mention whether you are using MIP headless? ...
Thanks.
Mainly mp3 and Genre's should only be coded in the v2.3 tags but will check this. I'm using MIP as a service. I will try to reload the cache (I assume this is on the service webpage?).