PDA

View Full Version : Internet Radio - Connection Timed Out

henry
2008-09-21, 04:27
I'm looking for some guidance re permanently accessing Internet Radio. I seem to get access to many stations, but some (in particular BBC music Radio station 2 - 6) I can connect, but then get Connection timed out. Yet I can access some other BBC sites, particularly talk back. So, are there any tips I how I might be able to get a permanent connection. BTW, access to all these radio stations via the net, thru my PC is fine.

ds2021
2008-09-22, 08:58
This is probably a problem with the bandwidth of the station itself and not with your SB setup. In 'Settings > Advanced > Network' you can try increasing the size of the radio station buffer and timeout settings.

toby10
2008-09-22, 09:17
I'm looking for some guidance re permanently accessing Internet Radio. I seem to get access to many stations, but some (in particular BBC music Radio station 2 - 6) I can connect, but then get Connection timed out. Yet I can access some other BBC sites, particularly talk back. So, are there any tips I how I might be able to get a permanent connection. BTW, access to all these radio stations via the net, thru my PC is fine.

I've read the entire BBC streaming is going through some changes, this may be your BBC issues.

I also saw in the forums SN was having issues today, may be another cause.

Can you play non-BBC ch's without the timed out issues?

edgley
2008-09-26, 12:44
I have the same problem.
I have tried lots of different stations and they all time out; I know the PC that the SS is installed on is connecting to the net okay (no firewall).

Had a search and could see other people with similar problems but no fixes.

I have just tried changing my source to squeezenetwork, have entered my pin but it comes back and says cannot connect squeezebox to the network. And if I look in SQ underplayers I can see the controller but not the SB and its LED has turn blue.

Seems the controller dropped Wifi. Now its back, source is SN rather than server, and Internet Radio is work!

edgley
2008-09-26, 17:25
Had to go back to connecting to the server as the connection to SB kept dying; and no no internet radio.

toby10
2008-09-27, 03:21
Had to go back to connecting to the server as the connection to SB kept dying; and no no internet radio.

There must be something else at play here. I let my two devices (SB3 & Boom) run on SN all night and no issues.

Are you certain your player is properly registered?

When you go to www.SqueezeNetwork.com do you see your player listed?

edgley
2008-09-27, 03:38
I do see my player listed, but whilst it says the duet is connected it says the player is not.
Am trying to rectify that now.