Automatic Display Brightnes, removed or moved?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m_gustafsson
    • Sep 2008

Automatic Display Brightnes, removed or moved?

Hi,

I just updated to Squeezecenter 7.2 from 7.0.1, and then I noticed that on the Player settings -> Display there is no more the setting for Automatic Display Brightness.
    Has this setting been removed or just moved (I can't find it anywhere else)?
    If it has been removed would there be any other way to set this?
    I have a screensaver that need this setting to be set to Adjust Brightness Manually.

Many thanks!

/Mats
  • th00ht
    • Feb 2008

Under Player select Display. There is Power On, Power Of, Idle Brightness. Is this what you are looking for? I do not remember a "Automatic Brightness Control" but cannot check this anymore.
    Living:Transporter Second Edition (smashing wiki page!), Touch, Denon AVR 1912 + two CM8, two CM1, CMC
    Study:Classic, Quad 303 + two Quad ESL 57 & Grace Design m900 with AKG 240 MK11
    Kitchen:piCorePlayer/Hifiberry DAC+ pro, Kanto YU2
    last.fm, SoS, EAC

Comment

• m_gustafsson
      • Sep 2008

th00ht, in 7.0.1 and earlier versions there are On, Off and Idle as you say, but there is also an Automatic Display Brightness.
      I have a screensaver that automatically adjusts the brightness of my screen and if I in earlier versions did not set the Automatic DIsplay Brightness to Adjust Brightness Manuallay then the settings in On, Off and Idle were overriding my screensaver's settings.
      So, now I am afraid that my screensaver will not work.

Comment

• MeSue
        • Jul 2005

It's gone. I made an enhancement request to bring it back, though it doesn't seem to be getting much support.

Now that I've switched to a Boom in the bedroom instead of an SB2, it's not as important to me. But I do still think that changing brightness manually for all three states is not ideal.
        Sue
        "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
        Logitech Media Server 8.1 on Windows 10 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
        Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
        My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Comment

• m_gustafsson
          • Sep 2008

MeSue, it looks like your enhancement request is just what I am asking for.
          My problem is that I adjust the brightness depending on the sunlight outside, which I measure with a sensor, and if I can't use this setting the effect of my changes are only lasting for a short while. A bit annoying as I use one player in the bedroom.
          I wonder if there could be any workaround to this?

Many thanks.

/Mats

Comment

• m_gustafsson
            • Sep 2008

I just found the solution in the plugin AutoDisplay.
            So, to change the brightness I use the line:
            $serverPrefs->client($client)->set('powerOffBrightness',$brightness)

/Mats

Comment

Working...