PDA

View Full Version : Can't see display options

bizon
2008-09-20, 13:49
Hi All,

I've got an original version squeezebox (w/firmware version 40), and have been running an older version of slimserver. I've just been building a new system and have switched over to Ubuntu 8. I've installed the new version of squeezecenter, 7.2. I turned off apparmor, and most stuff seems ok.

One thing that isn't working, though, is the display options via the web interface. That is, going through the interface, then choosing settings, then the "Player" tab. There's a drop down with "Basic Attributes" and so on, most of which work, except for the entry that says "Display". When I choose Display, the interface just sits there and loads for a long time.

In the log, this message gets generated:
[08-09-20 16:28:17.0292] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::select (250) Error: Select task failed: Can't locate object method "brightnessMap" via package "Slim::Display::Text" at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Display/Display.pm line 405.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Chris

Triode
2008-09-20, 13:57
I believe this is a bug which has been fixed in the latest 7.2 nighly release. It only impacts showing the web settings page for interface for an older player.

terrencegf
2008-09-26, 16:56
I believe this is a bug which has been fixed in the latest 7.2 nighly release. It only impacts showing the web settings page for interface for an older player.

Thanks very much! squeezecenter-7.2.1-0.1.23302 from 26-Sept-08 fixed this issue for my slimp3 player.