PDA

View Full Version : Sqeezebox treating me as new customer

Timbo22
2008-09-20, 07:02
Hi all,
Been using Squeezebox for a couple of years now, Brilliant for radio, parties etc. I absolutely love the thing.
A couple of days ago the radio stopped working. SB lets me select, but not connect, it just says 'connecting' then 'stopped'.

Today I went to Squeezecenter on my PC to sort it out, and its treating me as a new customer and asked me to register as a new customer with no other options. So I registered and had a message saying 'A message has been sent to your email account' and to click on it to activate my squeezecenter account. that was an hour ago, still no message.

I have Spybot, Malwarebytes and AVG 7.5 running (installed 4-5 months ago with no problems)
Can anyone tell me whats going on, would appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Tim.
SB3 (Wired) SC 7.1 Windows xp

Nonreality
2008-09-21, 01:32
Hi all,
Been using Squeezebox for a couple of years now, Brilliant for radio, parties etc. I absolutely love the thing.
A couple of days ago the radio stopped working. SB lets me select, but not connect, it just says 'connecting' then 'stopped'.

Today I went to Squeezecenter on my PC to sort it out, and its treating me as a new customer and asked me to register as a new customer with no other options. So I registered and had a message saying 'A message has been sent to your email account' and to click on it to activate my squeezecenter account. that was an hour ago, still no message.

I have Spybot, Malwarebytes and AVG 7.5 running (installed 4-5 months ago with no problems)
Can anyone tell me whats going on, would appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Tim.
SB3 (Wired) SC 7.1 Windows xpActually there is no registration to use Squeezecenter so I'm not sure what you signed up for. Squeezenetwork has a signon but not SC. Can you access your music on your computer? You might want to go to squeezenetwork.com and see if you can log on with the info you put.

th00ht
2008-09-21, 03:41
All those wonderful years were you connected to SqueezeNetwork or to your SqueezeCenter? Your SqueezeBox can switch between SqueezeCenter- and SqueezeNetwork - "mode" but only one is active at the same time. SqueezeNetwork requires a sign on, SqueezeCenter does not, as Nonreality pointed out.
For SqueezeCenter you do not need an internet connection as long as you listen to local music, listening to Internet radio obviously needs an Internet connection. Can it be that the internet connection is not working properly?

Timbo22
2008-09-21, 13:24
Thanks guys,
I ended up registering for whatever it was, at the end I got my SC interface page back, but no radio or saved music. I pulled the power plug, and pushed it back in, and hey presto everything back to normal.
Cheers for your good advice,
Tim.