PDA

View Full Version : Browsing tracks, how do I do it?

DrT
2008-09-19, 14:21
Hi all,

I've recently got our squeezebox system up and running and all is working well however there is one funtion I would love to have, that is the ability to browse all the tracks in the library just like I can on my ipod.

Does anyone know how I could achieve this?

Thanks

Tim

Mark Lanctot
2008-09-22, 07:08
In the web GUI - Music Library - Music Folder.

You didn't say whether you have the Duet (using the Controller) or the Squeezebox Classic (using the display and the IR remote) but there are equivalents for this in both.

However this is the slowest method to find music. You'd be much better by searching or browsing by artist, album, track, genre etc.

DrT
2008-09-22, 07:16
I have both but sadly your solution doesn't work since each album is in its own folder so its no advantage browsing that way to using the browse by artist or album. On the Ipod you can simply flick through each track in the whole collection and I often come across tracks I'd forgotten I had and who they were by or on which album they wre, thats why I want to be able to browse all tracks.

Phil Leigh
2008-09-22, 11:24
If you have the Item "Songs" active in your player menu (setup via the WEB Gui - Settings - Player - Menus) You can browse all tracks (in alphabetic track title sequence) using the remote.

DrT
2008-09-22, 13:12
That sounds just what I'm after but I don't seem to have a menus option under WEB Gui - Settings - Player

Using SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2 - 22900

aubuti
2008-09-22, 13:15
That sounds just what I'm after but I don't seem to have a menus option under WEB Gui - Settings - Player
Even for the SB "Classic" Player?

DrT
2008-09-22, 13:21
Dunno, I've only got the Duet on the network at the moment.

aubuti
2008-09-22, 19:58
Dunno, I've only got the Duet on the network at the moment.
Well you're not going to have any menu settings for the SB Receiver because it doesn't have menus because it doesn't have a screen. I just checked the SB Classic and it is exactly as Phil describes. Looks like the Songs menu hasn't been implemented on the SB Controller yet.

DrT
2008-09-22, 23:38
Good point about the receiver having no screen!

I've found the menus setting on the Classic now, thanks.

Any idea how to get this on the SqueezeCenter GUI?

aubuti
2008-09-23, 06:35
Any idea how to get this on the SqueezeCenter GUI?
I don't know if Erland's Custom Browse plugin will do this, but it's definitely worth a look.

And since you say you like this approach because it helps you rediscover music in your collection that you've forgotten about, you should really give Random Mix a try if you haven't already.

DrT
2008-09-23, 06:43
I'll take a look at those, thanks for your help!

MeSue
2008-09-23, 10:46
I don't know if Erland's Custom Browse plugin will do this, but it's definitely worth a look.

I don't think it can. I looked for it when I was reading this thread yesterday. Closest thing I could find was "new songs."

erland
2008-09-23, 23:12
I don't think it can. I looked for it when I was reading this thread yesterday. Closest thing I could find was "new songs."

There will be a new menu type called "Filtered Songs" in next Custom Browse version that does this. It is available using the download links in the Custom Browse web interface already now.

MeSue
2008-09-23, 23:23
There will be a new menu type called "Filtered Songs" in next Custom Browse version that does this. It is available using the download links in the Custom Browse web interface already now.

You are awesome!