X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrT
    • Sep 2008

Browsing tracks, how do I do it?

Hi all,

I've recently got our squeezebox system up and running and all is working well however there is one funtion I would love to have, that is the ability to browse all the tracks in the library just like I can on my ipod.

Does anyone know how I could achieve this?

Thanks

Tim
  • Mark Lanctot
    • Oct 2005

In the web GUI - Music Library - Music Folder.

You didn't say whether you have the Duet (using the Controller) or the Squeezebox Classic (using the display and the IR remote) but there are equivalents for this in both.

However this is the slowest method to find music. You'd be much better by searching or browsing by artist, album, track, genre etc.
    Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta)

Comment

• DrT
      • Sep 2008

I have both but sadly your solution doesn't work since each album is in its own folder so its no advantage browsing that way to using the browse by artist or album. On the Ipod you can simply flick through each track in the whole collection and I often come across tracks I'd forgotten I had and who they were by or on which album they wre, thats why I want to be able to browse all tracks.

Comment

• Phil Leigh
        • Apr 2005

If you have the Item "Songs" active in your player menu (setup via the WEB Gui - Settings - Player - Menus) You can browse all tracks (in alphabetic track title sequence) using the remote.
        You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
        Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
        Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
        Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Comment

• DrT
          • Sep 2008

That sounds just what I'm after but I don't seem to have a menus option under WEB Gui - Settings - Player

Using SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2 - 22900

Comment

• aubuti
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DrT
            That sounds just what I'm after but I don't seem to have a menus option under WEB Gui - Settings - Player
            Even for the SB "Classic" Player?
            Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
            Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
            Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
            Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
            Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
            Bedroom: SB Radio
            Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
            LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• DrT
              • Sep 2008

Dunno, I've only got the Duet on the network at the moment.

Comment

• aubuti
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DrT
                Dunno, I've only got the Duet on the network at the moment.
                Well you're not going to have any menu settings for the SB Receiver because it doesn't have menus because it doesn't have a screen. I just checked the SB Classic and it is exactly as Phil describes. Looks like the Songs menu hasn't been implemented on the SB Controller yet.
                Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
                Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
                LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• DrT
                  • Sep 2008

Good point about the receiver having no screen!

I've found the menus setting on the Classic now, thanks.

Any idea how to get this on the SqueezeCenter GUI?

Comment

• aubuti
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DrT
                    Any idea how to get this on the SqueezeCenter GUI?
                    I don't know if Erland's Custom Browse plugin will do this, but it's definitely worth a look.

And since you say you like this approach because it helps you rediscover music in your collection that you've forgotten about, you should really give Random Mix a try if you haven't already.

Comment

• DrT
                      • Sep 2008

I'll take a look at those, thanks for your help!

Comment

• MeSue
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by aubuti
                        I don't know if Erland's Custom Browse plugin will do this, but it's definitely worth a look.
                        I don't think it can. I looked for it when I was reading this thread yesterday. Closest thing I could find was "new songs."
                        Sue
                        "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
                        Logitech Media Server 8.1 on Windows 10 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
                        Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
                        My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Comment

• erland
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by MeSue
                          I don't think it can. I looked for it when I was reading this thread yesterday. Closest thing I could find was "new songs."
                          There will be a new menu type called "Filtered Songs" in next Custom Browse version that does this. It is available using the download links in the Custom Browse web interface already now.
                          Erland Lindmark (My homepage)
                          Developer of many plugins/applets
                          Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Comment

• MeSue
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by erland
                            There will be a new menu type called "Filtered Songs" in next Custom Browse version that does this. It is available using the download links in the Custom Browse web interface already now.
                            You are awesome!
                            Sue
                            "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
                            Logitech Media Server 8.1 on Windows 10 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
                            Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
                            My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Comment

Working...