PDA

View Full Version : Hey....

Howard Passman
2008-09-19, 03:33
Am I missing something simple or is there absolutely no way to clear a playlist using the controller. For one reason or another, I find times when I'd just like to clear a playlist without starting another playlist, song, stream, etc..

You can do it in SC, so should there be something on the Controller to mimic it?

Howard

morris_minor
2008-09-19, 05:14
If you scroll down to the bottom of the playlist don't you see a Save Playlist entry and a Clear Playlist entry?

I do on my controller :o/

Bob

andynormancx
2008-09-19, 05:16
It could really do with a way to clear the playlist without opening the play list. I few times now I have ended up accidentally adding lots of tracks and the only way to sensibly clearing the playlist at that point is via the web interface.

aubuti
2008-09-19, 06:27
It could really do with a way to clear the playlist without opening the play list. I few times now I have ended up accidentally adding lots of tracks and the only way to sensibly clearing the playlist at that point is via the web interface.
I'm curious why the web ui is the only sensible way. Is it because your SBC is slow to open long playlists? Otherwise it's only a few button presses, especially if you scroll backwards in your playlist (Home - Home - center - scroll UP 1 or 2 places to get to Clear Playlist - center - confirm).

Dogberry2
2008-09-19, 06:35
I agree with aubuti, it's pretty quick and easy to clear a playlist using the controller, as described. But I very rarely feel the need to clear the playlist anyway. If there's stuff in a playlist and I don't want to continue listening to that list, I select what I do want to hear and hit Play. That starts a new playlist anyway. Why bother to clear it manually?

maggior
2008-09-19, 07:43
Does anybody else find it annoying that a confirmation is requested when you want to clear a playlist?

Howard Passman
2008-09-19, 07:52
If you scroll down to the bottom of the playlist don't you see a Save Playlist entry and a Clear Playlist entry?

I do on my controller :o/

Bob

Yes, you're right. For a long time I was worried about it deleting the playlist. I really should have asked if there is a way to clear "Now Playing" no matter what it is that is playing.

Howard

pfink
2008-09-19, 11:54
Am I missing something simple or is there absolutely no way to clear a playlist using the controller. For one reason or another, I find times when I'd just like to clear a playlist without starting another playlist, song, stream, etc..

You can do it in SC, so should there be something on the Controller to mimic it?

On the SB3 navigating to "Now Playing" and pressing the "+" key on the remote clears the playlist. I haven't used a Duet yet so I'm not sure if there's a similar shortcut method using the Controller.