PDA

View Full Version : WPA2-PSK/AES encryption and printable ASCII characters on the SB3

Oyama
2008-09-18, 09:35
Is it possible to use WPA2-PSK/AES encryption on the SB3 with support for printable ASCII characters in the pass-phrase field?

Mark Lanctot
2008-09-18, 10:34
Is it possible to use WPA2-PSK/AES encryption on the SB3 with support for printable ASCII characters in the pass-phrase field?

What do you mean by "printable" in this context?

Oyama
2008-09-18, 10:40
What do you mean by "printable" in this context?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII

Quote:

ASCII includes definitions for 128 characters: 33 are non-printing, mostly obsolete control characters that affect how text is processed; 94 are printable characters (the space is not printable). The ASCII character encoding[7]—or a compatible extension—is used on nearly all common computers, especially personal computers and workstations.

Mark Lanctot
2008-09-18, 10:57
Still scratching my head - how would you input a "non-printable character"? :-)

Anyway the WPA2 passphrase on the SB3 can have A-Z, a-z, 0-9 and other characters like !@+?<>[]| etc. Almost anything you can type with a current keyboard with the exception of a few characters.

Oyama
2008-09-18, 11:10
Still scratching my head - how would you input a "non-printable character"? :-)

Anyway the WPA2 passphrase on the SB3 can have A-Z, a-z, 0-9 and other characters like !@+?<>[]| etc. Almost anything you can type with a current keyboard with the exception of a few characters.

Thanks Mark!

How can I enter special characters like !@+?<>[]| on the remote? The SB3 manual only states the number buttons on the remote can be used to enter text and numbers.

Also, is there a way to connect via the Ethernet port on the SB3 and access a network setup screen where I can just copy/past the pass-phrase from my WAP?

Mark Lanctot
2008-09-18, 11:12
How can I enter special characters like !@+?<>[]| on the remote? The SB3 manual only states the number buttons on the remote can be used to enter text and numbers.

IIRC it's the 0 key.

Also, is there a way to connect via the Ethernet port on the SB3 and access a network setup screen where I can just copy/past the pass-phrase from my WAP?

That would be a nice feature, but you can't do this at the present time.

Oyama
2008-09-18, 11:15
IIRC it's the 0 key.

That would be a nice feature, but you can't do this at the present time.

Thanks for your help!