PDA

View Full Version : 7.2 Duet/Music Library/Music Folder/

mollymoo
2008-09-16, 16:18
hi,

i just updated to 7.2 and i am noticing a weird issue.

when i go through music library/music folder and i choose an artist and manually choose a song to play (i hit the play button) it does not. the window just pops up "now playing nothing."

i have never seen this before. never saw this before i updated. all my files are flac and again, its been fine before i updated.

thanks in advance.

~jennifer

mollymoo
2008-09-16, 17:21
actually, i am also noticing when i go to manually play a track sometimes it is not the right track.

can i go back and reinstall the old driver?

mollymoo
2008-09-16, 17:58
now my settings are blank.

ugh.

mollymoo
2008-09-16, 19:00
does anyone know how i can rollback to a previous driver (duet controller)?

7.2 has been a pita. i have constantly installed and reinstalled. same issue.

when hit the play button, i cannot get any of my flac files to play.

thanks in advance.

~jennifer

ModelCitizen
2008-09-16, 23:50
You say you have constantly installed and reinstalled. But you don't say if you've uninstalled.

It might be best to entirely uninstall your current SlimCenter/SlimServer program and make sure you do it *entirely* (best to check for and delete the directories Program Files/SlimServer and Program Files/SlimCenter after uninstall), including preferences (when it asks).

Then install 7.2 (it is much better than previous versions).

If you set the path to your music directory and playlists properly then the whole thing should work without issues. If you install any plugins make sure they are compatible with the 7.2 version.

MC

mollymoo
2008-09-17, 13:11
thanks for the reply! i will give it a shot!

thanks.

You say you have constantly installed and reinstalled. But you don't say if you've uninstalled.

It might be best to entirely uninstall your current SlimCenter/SlimServer program and make sure you do it *entirely* (best to check for and delete the directories Program Files/SlimServer and Program Files/SlimCenter after uninstall), including preferences (when it asks).

Then install 7.2 (it is much better than previous versions).

If you set the path to your music directory and playlists properly then the whole thing should work without issues. If you install any plugins make sure they are compatible with the 7.2 version.

MC

mollymoo
2008-09-17, 19:24
no dice.

i have no clue what else to try!

it has to be this update!

mollymoo
2008-09-19, 10:37
thought i would ask;

can anyone else after updating to 7.2 do this? meaning, through the duet controller going to "music library" then "music folder" and manually hitting the play (>) button on a speific music file (mine are flac's)? i am currently using my duet with the sb3 receiver. before i updated, i never had a problem! now, i would say 80-90% of the files i try to manually play (>) do not play and say "Now Playing Nothing." if i go through "playlists" and manually play them they work.

thanks in advance.