PDA

View Full Version : How many controllers can I have?

mfoz1
2008-09-16, 07:53
I'd like to have one for use in the lounge and the other in the bedroom. Is it possible?

snarlydwarf
2008-09-16, 08:09
I'd like to have one for use in the lounge and the other in the bedroom. Is it possible?

Yes.

And you can do odd things like make the Lounge controller control the bedroom player, and vice-versa... or not. (I sometimes use the SBC in the living room to control the bedroom player because I forgot to turn off the bedroom player and I can here it echoing down the hall.)

There is a menu item in the controller to set which player it is controlling. And of course, you can have as many players as your bandwidth allows.

mfoz1
2008-09-16, 08:12
Providing there isn't a track limit I shall be ordering my kit a.s.a.p.

mherger
2008-09-16, 08:15
> I'd like to have one for use in the lounge and the other in the bedroom.
> Is it possible?

Sure!

--

Michael

snarlydwarf
2008-09-16, 08:17
Providing there isn't a track limit I shall be ordering my kit a.s.a.p.

See my other post. I doubt you will hit any of the limits. (ie, on a 32bit system I think Perl still uses 32 bit integers, so 2 billionish tracks could show some problems..)

You can go download SC right now and install it, no need to wait for hardware. That should give you an indication of how it works.

Labarum
2008-09-16, 08:52
How about no controllers?

I have read that there are complications if I just buy a Receiver

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/wireless_music_systems/devices/4098&cl=gb,en

and control from a laptop or netbook.

What are the complications? What else should I read?

Why? Because I like to see my options of a biggish screen.

maggior
2008-09-16, 08:58
The issue with the receiver (SBR) with no controller (SBC) is setup. Once it is setup, then you can use the web interface from any PC to conrol it.

To get past the setup issue, a member of the community has put together a program that can be used to setup the SBR with no SBC:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43722

Read it over and see if it is something you are willing to try. I've seen where many people have been successful using it. I personally have not used it.