PDA

View Full Version : RadioIO Station Order

ZeddZull
2008-09-16, 05:37
Is there a way to force the list of Radioio stations into alphabetical or genre/type order. I just see a jumbled list of stations, which makes finding the one that I am looking for more difficult. I wouldn't think that this would be hard change.

Thanks

Gregory Walters
2008-09-16, 17:35
Greetings,

I am Greg Walters from the tech support dept of RadioIO.com. At this time what is displayed on the Squeeze box is a direct read from our XML stream, The streams are listed in the order that they were brought on line. I will mention it to our programmer and see if it can be modified with out disturbing the partners that use the xml and have things preset to be displayed from it. If you would like further info please contact me at greg@radioio.com or customercare@radioio.com.

ZeddZull
2008-09-17, 02:24
I would think that the appropriate place to do the sort would be on SqueezeNetwork or SqueezeCenter side, not from the feed. Sorting the feed names is more a display function than a data function. My guess is that the current routine is outputting the feed names as it reads the XML. If the entire XML data file was read first, then sorting before output would be almost trivial to accomplish using the perl sort function.

toby10
2008-09-17, 03:40
Greetings,

I am Greg Walters from the tech support dept of RadioIO.com. At this time what is displayed on the Squeeze box is a direct read from our XML stream, The streams are listed in the order that they were brought on line. I will mention it to our programmer and see if it can be modified with out disturbing the partners that use the xml and have things preset to be displayed from it. If you would like further info please contact me at greg@radioio.com or customercare@radioio.com.

Another minor technical glitch is a couple of the RadioIO streams do not properly display bitrate via SC7. Bitrate shows as 0.
Yet the same link when played in WinAmp shows proper 128k bitrate. Might be an SC7 issue.

I'll listen to RadioIO if you sent no metadata at all! But just thought you might like to know. :)

http://streampoint.radioio.com/streams/111/45ec8c85a2a8a/listen.pls