PDA

View Full Version : turn off display when off

sand
2008-09-15, 03:26
Is there a way to turn off the SB3 display completely when powering off via the remote? Mine doesn't get absolutely dark.
Also, the unit is still slightly warm even after being turned off for a day.

Siduhe
2008-09-15, 03:32
You can switch the display off by changing the brightness of the screensaver when off. Assuming you are using the Date and Time Screensaver when off, simply set the brightness for this to 0 for that player. Should be in Settings/Player/Display, from memory.

However, this only switches the display off. The SB will remain "on" (i.e. capable of receiving information and commands) from the server if it is connected to power (which is why it stays warm).

sand
2008-09-15, 03:47
You can switch the display off by changing the brightness of the screensaver when off. Assuming you are using the Date and Time Screensaver when off, simply set the brightness for this to 0 for that player. Should be in Settings/Player/Display, from memory.

However, this only switches the display off. The SB will remain "on" (i.e. capable of receiving information and commands) from the server if it is connected to power (which is why it stays warm).

OK, cool, I never noticed that setting - thanks!