Possible to always display clock on SB3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Face
    • Mar 2006

Possible to always display clock on SB3?

Hi,

Currently, my SB3 will only display the clock when either my computer with squeezecenter is running or if I connect to the Squeezenetwork (then I can turn off my Mac and this time is still displayed).

What I'd like to be able to do is constantly display the time on the SB3 - even when my Mac is shutdown - and without connecting to Squeezenetwork (it confuses my wife if it's connected to squeezenetwork and despite showing her how to reconnect to Squeezecenter, it's still problematic for her - bless).

Is this possible. With a plug-in maybe. The SB3 is in the perfect position in the lounge for it to act as a great clock.

Many thanks,

Face
  • m1abrams
    • Jun 2005

nope. The SB3 gets its time info from a server. No server no time.

Comment

• Face
      • Mar 2006

That's a shame.

Is there a way to automatically log-in to Squeezenetwork when Squeezecenter stops running/being available and then jump again automatically back into Squeezecenter when it restarts/becomes available.

Thanks for the reply.

Face

Comment

• aubuti
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Face
        That's a shame.

Is there a way to automatically log-in to Squeezenetwork when Squeezecenter stops running/being available and then jump again automatically back into Squeezecenter when it restarts/becomes available.
        The SB3 is a slim device, that only knows what a server tells it. Exactly where were you thinking of running the plugin if your computer were off?

There is an enhancement request (see http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1956) along the lines you suggest -- vote for it if you want it.
        Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
        Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
        Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
        Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
        Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
        Bedroom: SB Radio
        Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
        LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• peterw
          • Oct 2005

Also see bug 9268.

Gordon Harris' SrvrPowerCtrl plugin would probably interest you.

-Peter
          owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
          (which used to reside at www. tux.org/~peterw/)
          Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
          Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
          FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
          SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

Comment

Working...