PDA

View Full Version : SBC Update doesn't work

schoen
2008-09-14, 05:26
Hi

I have this message on my SBC log:
Sep 14 14:04:28 (none) user.info jive: (NetworkThread.lua:248) - NOTIFY playerNeedsUpgrade: Player {abc}, false, false

The manual update via SBC menu doesn't work:
Updated software is available for this remote. It may take a few minutes to update to version ?.

I see that I have this version installed: 7.0.1 r2448

My questions:
- Is an update needed?
- why can my remote tell me that it needs an update, but can't load it? (e.g. is such an update going through squeecenter (where a firewall may block things) or does the SBC usually get updates directly from the Web?)
- Where can I get the firmware for manual download?
- Can I upload the new firmware via SCP to the remote? If yes, in which directory?
- or do I need to go the SD card way?
- And I'm just curious: Why is the receiver update procedure different from the SBC update?

Btw: My duet has already been replaced due to a hardware problem and I had the same issue with with my previous duet.

Thanks
schoen

bhaagensen
2008-09-14, 07:46
- Where can I get the firmware for manual download?

http://update.squeezenetwork.com/update/firmware/

take care to download the version corresponding to your SC version.

- Can I upload the new firmware via SCP to the remote? If yes, in which directory?

Yes, /mnt/mmc. Just copy the firmware and then go to the software upgrade menu on the SBC to initiate the upgrade. There will be an entry for "upgrade from SD-card"

- or do I need to go the SD card way?

As per above, no.

Bjørn

simonjedrake
2008-09-15, 12:59
schoen
For many weeks now I have been unable to update my Duet to the latest software which seems a pretty common problem on this forum.
Having tried everything I have found an INSTANT solution.
I simply registered my Duet on my already existing Squeezenetwork account, & within minutes the upgrade was updating my Duet.
Job Done
Simon

schoen
2008-09-19, 06:22
Worked! Thanks a lot.