PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox randomly skipping ahead?

dekaliber
2008-09-14, 01:49
Anyone else ever experience this issue?

An album is playing, and whilst in the middle of a song, playback abruptly skips ahead to a random point in the song, or to the next track. This is not reproducible -- it seems to happen regardless of which track. Not sure if it happens for all formats. I usually listen to FLAC.

I've never seen wireless signal strength drop under 85% or so, so I don't think it's a connectivity issue. (Even if it is, I would think it would be handled more gracefully.) I don't think this happened in pre 7.x versions of the software, but now I get it reliably once every couple of sittings.

I thought it might be a failing hard drive or Diskeeper running active defrags in the background, but I moved my entire collection onto another drive and turned off Diskeeper, and it still happened after that.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this problem. I should be receiving my ReadyNAS in a few days so it remains to be seen if it will happen on there.

SuperQ
2008-09-14, 11:04
I've had that happen to corrupt tracks. There may be something wrong with your files, or something on your computer/wifi is causing the files to play corrupted.

There is a tool to test FLAC files for errors. You may also want to try plugging your Squeezebox into ethernet just for testing.