Clear All
  • BigBirdy
    • Dec 2005

Duplicate Entries in SC

I am running SC 7.0 on a Thecus N5200Pro (as well as 7.2 on a RHEL4
    server). And on a recent loading of some new albums I have 2 duplicate
    entries for the same albums? I downloaded an MP3 Tag editor and noticed
    that there was a problem with some of the tags, "And" was spelled "And"
    on some songs and "and" on others and there were also different dates.

So I just used the tag editor to change all songs to have the exact same
    tags (other than title and track) and then rescanned the library. The
    duplicate entries remained although now I can see that the word "and" in
    the album title is indeed the same and spelled as "And" so why would the
    duplicates still appear?

Any ideas?

--
    Johnny Stork
    Open Enterprise Solutions
    "Empowering Business With Open Solutions"

Transporter, SB3 (2), Yamaha DSP-A1, Denon 5900 DVD, Musical Fidelity Trivista DAC-21, Rega Planet, Adcom GFA-555, Panamax 1500, Klipsch KLF-30 Mains, Klipsch KLF-C7 Center, Klipsch KSP-S6 Surround, Sound Dynamics-THS15, AudioQuest, Kimbercable, Thecus N5200Pro 5x500GB, RAID-5.

Duet, Musical Fidelity (MF) X-DAC (v3), MF X10 (v3) MF X-PSU (v3), MF X-Can (v3), Denon AVR-688, Panasonic DVD-RV30, Adcom ACE-515, Polk Audio, Sound Dynamics, Monster Cable, Sennheiser HD-600.
  • Zaragon
    • Dec 2007

More than likely you have got multiple sets of tags in the files. Often for MP3 files 3.1 and 3.2 versions of the tags are written. The two sets can contain completely different information.

Many tag editors may only show you, and let you edit, one version completely ignoring the other. However, I believe that SqueezeCenter reads both which is where you may be getting the duplicate album info from. Take a look with say MP3TAG and ask it to show you all the tags in the files.

Another source can be playlists. If you have added the original files to a playlist then the original tag information may be being retained.

Comment

Working...