PDA

View Full Version : Now playing shortcut from front panel

MeSue
2008-09-11, 09:55
I can't remember the shortcut to jump to now playing from the front panel buttons. Can someone refresh my memory?

androidtopp
2008-09-15, 14:59
I'm interested too - So I'll bump.

muski
2008-09-16, 23:41
Pressing and holding the back button takes me to the Now Playing screen, then one button click of the wheel to get to the track info.

Just tried it on the Transporter -- works, too.

muski

MeSue
2008-09-17, 08:59
Pressing and holding the back button takes me to the Now Playing screen, then one button click of the wheel to get to the track info.

Holding the Back/left buton takes me into setup.

Quickly pressing the back button takes me to where I left off (using "jump back on wake") but only if I was previously in the Now Playing list.

However, if I am actively browsing menus and then decide I want to quickly go to Now Playing, I can't figure out a way other than going back-back-back-back to get to the main list and then scroll to now playing in the list and pressing the knob. This is what I thought there was a shortcut for.

Using the remote, I can get to NP from anywhere with two presses of the "home" button. But there does not seem to be any equivalent from the front panel. Maybe it is because I have "jump back on wake" enabled?

mvalera
2008-09-17, 10:31
On the Squeezebox Boom front panel...

Pressing and holding the "back" button for ~one second takes you to now playing screen.

Pressing and holding the "back" button for three+ seconds takes you to network setup.

Mike

max.spicer
2008-09-17, 15:00
On the Squeezebox Boom front panel...

Pressing and holding the "back" button for ~one second takes you to now playing screen.

No it doesn't. It generally takes you to the Home menu. Sometimes it takes you to Now Playing. I've never been able to work out when it does which.

I think it should always go to Home with Now Playing as the currently selected item. Then you can always just press the knob to get there, having held left.

Max

Mark Miksis
2008-09-17, 15:11
I remap the front panel power button to act like the home/power button on the SBC:

[common]
power_front = dead
power_front.single = home
power_front.hold = power_toggle

[off]
power_front.single = power_on

MeSue
2008-09-17, 16:07
It generally takes you to the Home menu. Sometimes it takes you to Now Playing. I've never been able to work out when it does which.

That's been my experience too. Maybe I'll try Fletch's custom map.

mvalera
2008-09-22, 11:37
No it doesn't. It generally takes you to the Home menu. Sometimes it takes you to Now Playing. I've never been able to work out when it does which.

I think it should always go to Home with Now Playing as the currently selected item. Then you can always just press the knob to get there, having held left.

Max

Actually, no I'm not wrong.

If you are one menu down from Home, it's going to take you back to home cause you just hit the back button, and one level back is... Home. It won't go to the now playing screen from there.

However is you are several levels deep, holding the back button for ~one second takes you to Now Playing.

I just tested it.

Mike

mvalera
2008-09-22, 11:42
I'm filing a bug on this tho, as that should still go to Now Playing IMO.

Mike

Anoop M.
2008-09-22, 13:19
Holding the left arrow for 1 second brings me to the first entry of the home menu, which is Now Playing. I have to click the knob/right button 1 time to display Now Playing. This makes it sound like Max Spicer is actually correct, however I agree this is confusing and a bug should be filed, make sure to cc Dean to get his input.

Also this was on firmware 32 and Mike can you please post the bug #?

kdf
2008-09-22, 14:13
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9561

It may have to do with the menu detection. The back arrow shortcut toggles between now playing and the top level of the home menu. If the detection isn't working correctly, this would explain why sometimes you get the top level, instead of now playing.

-kdf

mvalera
2008-09-22, 15:03
Holding the left arrow for 1 second brings me to the first entry of the home menu, which is Now Playing. I have to click the knob/right button 1 time to display Now Playing. This makes it sound like Max Spicer is actually correct, however I agree this is confusing and a bug should be filed, make sure to cc Dean to get his input.

Also this was on firmware 32 and Mike can you please post the bug #?

You are running into the bug I already described above. I filed a bug on this:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9561

Mike