PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party Plugins SC and SN

Govnah
2008-09-11, 07:09
Just curious if you can use plugins via SN? My SC/FreeNAS box does not run 24/7 as I have a cron job that shuts FreeNAS/SC down at 2359 every night. So my question, can you use third party plugins if your SBB is primarily connected to SN?

Thanks

mherger
2008-09-11, 07:21
> Just curious if you can use plugins via SN?

Only the built-in plugins, no 3rd party. What would you be missing?

--

Michael

Govnah
2008-09-11, 08:31
For instance, superdate and time.

> Just curious if you can use plugins via SN?

Only the built-in plugins, no 3rd party. What would you be missing?

--

Michael

exile
2008-09-11, 10:00
> What would you be missing?

trackstat for me.

pippin
2008-09-11, 10:04
iPeng ;-)

mherger
2008-09-11, 10:31
> iPeng ;-)

Now this might be a valid candidate. AFAIK there's already an enhancement request to add a iPhone UI to SN. We're planning on moving the SN website to use the same JSON/RPC interface as SC to allow unified web UIs. Once this is done, iPeng might probably work without too much work...

--

Michael

pippin
2008-09-11, 10:52
> iPeng ;-)

Now this might be a valid candidate. AFAIK there's already an enhancement request to add a iPhone UI to SN. We're planning on moving the SN website to use the same JSON/RPC interface as SC to allow unified web UIs. Once this is done, iPeng might probably work without too much work...

--

Michael

well, THEN even our native app would probably work...

schiegl
2008-09-11, 11:20
What would you be missing?

TimeSpeller! the "best" clock available which draws the attention of most visitors - then i tell them about the SqueezeBox :-)

kind regards,
Markus

govardha
2008-09-14, 10:49
I second that, I want to use SuperDateandTime & iTunesupdate. The use of plugins is important for me. I hope Logitech has not disabled their use.

I saw a demo unit in Best Buy and ordered one through Amazon yesterday. Should be receiving it some time soon. Will post my comments once I get it.

aubuti
2008-09-14, 18:53
I second that, I want to use SuperDateandTime & iTunesupdate. The use of plugins is important for me. I hope Logitech has not disabled their use.
No, nothing has been disabled. You can install whatever plugin you want on your local SqueezeCenter. But you can't install plugins on SqueezeNetwork because that is everyone's server in the sky.