PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeBox Duet - missing fast forward

rolf-dk
2008-09-11, 02:01
Hi
I bought the SqueezeBox Duet and I've had it for about 4 months (or since it came out in Denmark).

I use it mostly for playing mp3 music and it works pretty good. But I would like to be able to seek trough a track so that I don't have to listen to the whole track from the beginning. I sometimes listen to audio books and for that the Squeezebox duet is totally useless.

If I click the fast forward button [>>] it goes faster but it takes a long time to go to the middle of the track.

It would be really nice if you could seek trough a track by using the scroll wheel instead! Does anyone know if Logitech has plans of adding that feature in a firmware update? Or is there a 3rd part system that I can use instead of Logitechs own? I kind of assumed that this would be possible before I bought it or that it would be added in a firmware update.

Cheers

Rolf

bpa
2008-09-11, 02:29
What version of SC ?
There is an improved ffwd on 7.1 onwards but mainly for native formats.

maggior
2008-09-11, 08:12
I found that if you press the FFWD button and hold it for a second and let go, it brings up a progress bar that you can adjust with the scroll wheel to move around the file. My library are mp3 files and it works quite well with them.

I always liked the way the iPod did this, and the SB controller does it this way now.

Good luck.

rolf-dk
2008-09-12, 03:49
Nice, that worked!

Thanks!