PDA

View Full Version : Alarm did not go off this morning

ModelCitizen
2008-09-10, 23:10
My alarm didn't go off this morning and the alarm icon on the Boom display is missing.

An alarm is set and all settings look to be exactly as they should be (and these have not been fiddled with since the alarm last worked, yesterday).

I have restarted SlimServer and turned Boom on and off but still no alarm icon.

Relevant fact: We had a power cut yesterday.

I'd imagine a power cycle of the Boom (and/or PC) will sort it out but am wondering if I can provide any more info to help make the alarm more robust before I do this?

MC

max.spicer
2008-09-11, 03:09
My alarm didn't go off this morning and the alarm icon on the Boom display is missing.

An alarm is set and all settings look to be exactly as they should be (and these have not been fiddled with since the alarm last worked, yesterday).

I have restarted SlimServer and turned Boom on and off but still no alarm icon.

Relevant fact: We had a power cut yesterday.

I'd imagine a power cycle of the Boom (and/or PC) will sort it out but am wondering if I can provide any more info to help make the alarm more robust before I do this?

MC

Could you attach your log file for the last day? If you haven't already, please enable debugging for the alarm clock - in the web ui, under settings->advanced->logging, player.alarmclock should be set to debug. Please also tick the box at the top to persist changes across server restarts. Once you've done that, please try turning all alarms off and on and see what happens. Unfortunately, this will probably work so won't provide any information. I really need to see the log file for when it went wrong, with alarm clock debugging enabled. Even without the debugging, the log file may still offer some clues, however.

Sorry not to be any more help - I've no idea what could have caused this at the moment!

Max

ModelCitizen
2008-09-11, 14:43
I've no idea what could have caused this at the moment!
I hope this will help.
--------------------

Failure log:

Power cut: Around 16.00 10th Sept 2008
Restart power/computer/players et all 18.00/45 10th Sept
Alarm fails: 6.30 11th Sept 2008.

Action log:

Saved log as asked (server.log).
Then turned on alarm debugging (with persistence)
Stopped and started alarm via web gui.
Then (as no alarm icon on Boom) held down power button on remote to "restart" boom.
Still no alarm icon on Boom.
Via Boom display settings (with remote): turned all alarms off and then on.
Restarted Boom (i.e yanked mains plug out of socket).
Still no alarm icon.
Provided server2.log
Power cycled PC (hosting SlimCenter).
Powercyle Boom.
Still no alarm icon
Check Boom alarm via Boom/Settings to make dead sure alarm is definitely set (and yes, it appears to be set correctly.)

Feel relieved I do not have to get up for work tomorrow (and neither does wife). Child can miss school. :-)

Then notice that scanner.exe is operating again. Why? I've not actioned a rescan.

Remember that scanner.exe did this last night too.
Note: I've been screwing around with an unsatisfacory MusicIP and have installed Phil Meyers adaptation of the MusicIP plugin.

Feel *almost* certain I'm not going to make an entire pillock of myself so submit serverlog3.log to Max/forum.

Look at various server logs. Regret it, and wonder how SlimCenter manages to work at all when it throws so many errors. Worry slightly that someone else is using my computer to access SqueezeNetwork.

All server logs attached as zip.

Bed
------------------

XP Pro. Entirely fresh install of 7.2 (i.e. no beta vagaries hanging around).

MC

ModelCitizen
2008-09-11, 21:50
I woke up this morning.....
and the alarm icon was back.
Log file attached.

I also realised that installing Phil Meyers adjusted MIP plugin had reset rescan the "scan for new mixable tracks" time setting and was the reason why my SC scanner kept going off unexpectedly.

MC

max.spicer
2008-09-12, 01:11
I woke up this morning.....
and the alarm icon was back.
Log file attached.
MC

Thanks for all the info. I'm a bit confused now though. From the logs with alarm clock debugging turned on, there's nothing odd to be seen there. I'm pretty certain that your alarm was always being scheduled correctly and so would have gone off. I'm not sure why you wouldn't have been getting the alarm icon - I'll have to try and reproduce this on my box.

At the time when your alarm failed to go off, you were getting a lot of squeezenetwork errors and other such that I'm not sure are normal or not. I'll have a chat with Andy and see what he thinks.

Max

ModelCitizen
2008-09-12, 01:25
The alarm definitely did not go off though. And for the next 24 hours the alarm icon was missing from the display.

Yes, the SqueezeNetwork log errors do look alarming (no pun intended), even more so as I do not use SqueezeNetwork. I do use Last.fm though and think they might be something to do with Scrobbling.

Either way Andy is the correct person I guess.

MC

max.spicer
2008-09-12, 01:49
The alarm definitely did not go off though. And for the next 24 hours the alarm icon was missing from the display.

Sorry - I was unclear. I wasn't doubting that the one alarm failed. I just meant that the other times when the icon wasn't displayed I'm pretty sure the alarm would have gone off.

Max

max.spicer
2008-09-12, 01:55

When you say the alarm icon, do you mean the Bell symbol on the right-hand side of the standard Date/Time screensaver.

Max

ModelCitizen
2008-09-12, 02:21
When you say the alarm icon, do you mean the Bell symbol on the right-hand side of the standard Date/Time screensaver.
Max
I do.

MC