PDA

View Full Version : "Can't connect to SqueezeCenter"

janti
2008-09-10, 12:01
I used the antivirus program "Norman" for some time (with Norman Personal Firewall), but I found out it had too many issues.

So I got rid of it yesterday and installed AVG instead. It worked fine with SqueezeBox for one day, but suddenly, today I cannot use SqueezeBox anymore.

The message I get reads: "Can't connect to SqueezeCenter".

I don't have any firewall running anymore (except the XP firewall), and I do not understand what's wrong now.

I thought all my former problemes were due to Norman, but it seems I was mistaken?

Any help appreciated!

Regards

Jan
Norway

Anoop M.
2008-09-10, 13:14
Is SqueezeCenter still running? It could still be that AVG is blocking communication from your Squeezebox to your computer.

Are you able to connect to SqueezeNetwork without any problems?

espen.d
2008-09-10, 13:31
Hi,

I have experienced the same problem with my Duet. I cannot connect to my SqueezeCenter anymore. I'm running the SqueezeCenter on a clean Windows 2003 server with no firewall and no anti-virus. It has worked fine for a while, but at some point after installing version 7.2 and updating the controler to the latest version I have experienced a lot of connection problems.

I have tried to factory reset both the receiver and the controler. When I go through the setup wizard I get the message "Connecting to Squeezebox" forever.

mherger
2008-09-10, 14:00
> I have experienced the same problem with my Duet. I cannot connect to
> my SqueezeCenter anymore. I'm running the SqueezeCenter on a clean
> Windows 2003 server with no firewall and no anti-virus. It has worked

Did you recently update Windows? There's been a bug report which is caused by some change in Windows products:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9454

Could you please see the linked MS document and give it a try? Thanks!

--

Michael

janti
2008-09-11, 00:00
Is SqueezeCenter still running? It could still be that AVG is blocking communication from your Squeezebox to your computer.

Are you able to connect to SqueezeNetwork without any problems?

Yes to both questions!

Do you know how to prevent AVG from blocking the communication, if that's the case?

Regards

Jan

espen.d
2008-09-11, 00:17
In my desperation I decided to uninstall SqueezeCenter 7.2 an install 7.1. This resulted in my controller to be "updated" with an older version. Immediately after this everything seems to be back to normal.

I have recently updated my Windows Server. I will try to reserve the ports lik Michael suggested and then upgrade to 7.2 to see if it helps.

espen.d
2008-09-15, 03:14
Hi,

I reserved the ports just as you suggested. It seems to be working again, even after upgrading to 7.2.

No problems so far after applying this fix. Thanks!

jparton
2008-09-20, 04:06
Reading the Microsoft article this problem only relates to Windows Server not Windows HOME server, which I'm using with an HP MediaSmart Server, is that right?