PDA

View Full Version : a few boom problems

opaqueice
2008-09-09, 17:33
I'm got an SB3 and a boom, synced for playback (not for volume). Relatively often when I'm listening to Rhapsody streams the boom will fail to play the track. It will be silent, except occasionally it will emit a burst of sharp and moderately loud static. When there's such a burst the SB3 will stop playing, and then resume after a few seconds. I think the boom says it's rebuffering during those periods (I forgot to look at it when it was happening just now).

If I rewind to the beginning of the track everything is (usually) fine.

The server is on Windows 2000 and a recent build of 7.2. The boom is a beta-test version.

I have another problem as well - the brightness on the boom display doesn't behave properly. It sometimes stays dim while I make some change with the remote (like adjust the volume), and then a few seconds later it brightens.

opaqueice
2008-09-09, 17:36
OK - it just happened again. The boom displays the correct track name but does not play. Every minute or so (randomly, not at regular intervals) it emits the burst of static and the display changes to "rebuffering". That stays for a few seconds, then goes back to the track name at the same time as the SB3 resumes playing.

dwilliams01
2008-09-09, 17:45
Wireless connection strength?

opaqueice
2008-09-09, 18:31
Wireless connection strength?

87% currently. I don't think that can be the problem because it only happens when streaming from the internet (not when playing music on the server).

andyg
2008-09-09, 22:02
On Sep 9, 2008, at 6:31 PM, opaqueice wrote:

>
> dwilliams01;338683 Wrote:
>> Wireless connection strength?
>
> 87% currently. I don't think that can be the problem because it only
> happens when streaming from the internet (not when playing music on
> the
> server).

This is a known Rhapsody bug, but unfortunately is very hard to
reproduce (at least for me) so it hasn't been solved yet.

opaqueice
2008-09-11, 07:50
This is a known Rhapsody bug, but unfortunately is very hard to
reproduce (at least for me) so it hasn't been solved yet.

Ah, OK. It's certainly easy to reproduce for me - it happens quite often.

Could it have to do with the internet connection? I've been having problems with my DSL service - streaming video often hangs for a few seconds and then rebuffers, which it never used to do - and rhapsody sometimes needs to rebuffer on the main system (SB3) too. Maybe when the connection is marginal the boom will for some reason decide it needs to rebuffer when the SB3 doesn't think it needs to?