PDA

View Full Version : Duet Controller questions

gunthergloop
2008-09-09, 11:13
Unless there's something I'm missing, there is very little documentation to go with the Duet. Anything interesting (such as 'hold button' shortcuts) I've garnered online.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure what to do at night. ...I just switch off the controller and leave the box itself on standby, seems to be the recommended thing to do (?), but my main question is

-Does the controller charge when you put it in the dock while it's switched off?

-How dangerous is the dock itself?
I have a 3 year old son. The 'natural' place for me to keep the dock is pretty low. I wouldn't like to try putting 2 fingers on those metal strips within, but I'm sure he would (like to).

I'm fairly certain it's not a good idea to leave it lying around for him, but can anyone assure me that it wouldn't kill him at least?

radish
2008-09-09, 12:36
-Does the controller charge when you put it in the dock while it's switched off?

Yes. But why switch it off? I like being able to just grab it and start playing without waiting for the full startup.

-How dangerous is the dock itself?
I have a 3 year old son. The 'natural' place for me to keep the dock is pretty low. I wouldn't like to try putting 2 fingers on those metal strips within, but I'm sure he would (like to).

I'm fairly certain it's not a good idea to leave it lying around for him, but can anyone assure me that it wouldn't kill him at least?

Feel free to stick your fingers inside - it's a few volts DC and a trickle current, you wouldn't even feel it.