PDA

View Full Version : Is It Possible to Add Random Mix as a Favorite/Preset?

soxfan
2008-09-09, 07:20
Not sure if this a Boom-specific question, but since I was trying to set it up on my new Boom last night I figured I would start here.

Is it possible to add one of the Random Mix selections (in my case Random Song Mix) as a favorite/Boom preset, and if yes, then how do you do it? From the Boom I tried navigating through the menus to the Random Song Mix selection and then held down one of the preset buttons. But all this did was add a strange "blank" favorite that essentially did nothing when I pressed it. I then tried going through the web interface. When I navigated to the "Random Songs" selection it does show the "heart" icon, and when I clicked on it I did get a Random Songs selection in my favorites. I then assigned a preset button to the favorite. However, both clicking on the favorite in the web interface and pressing the preset button only resulted in my current playlist being cleared.

I noticed when trying to troubleshoot that a "normal" favorite/preset shows up with a database string, while the "random" favorite shows up with the URL randomplay://track, so there is obviously something different about the random settings. It just seemed odd to me that the web interface would allow you to add it as a favorite if it doesn't actually work. Am I just missing something, or is it not possible?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
John

oreillymj
2008-09-09, 07:50
I suspect what you're asking for isn't possible currently, but I mention turning the Preset buttons into Soft Key's in my post here.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=338454&postcount=31

Looks like I might need to file a bug/enhancement request.

max.spicer
2008-09-09, 08:14
Not sure if this a Boom-specific question, but since I was trying to set it up on my new Boom last night I figured I would start here.

Is it possible to add one of the Random Mix selections (in my case Random Song Mix) as a favorite/Boom preset, and if yes, then how do you do it? From the Boom I tried navigating through the menus to the Random Song Mix selection and then held down one of the preset buttons. But all this did was add a strange "blank" favorite that essentially did nothing when I pressed it. I then tried going through the web interface. When I navigated to the "Random Songs" selection it does show the "heart" icon, and when I clicked on it I did get a Random Songs selection in my favorites. I then assigned a preset button to the favorite. However, both clicking on the favorite in the web interface and pressing the preset button only resulted in my current playlist being cleared.

I noticed when trying to troubleshoot that a "normal" favorite/preset shows up with a database string, while the "random" favorite shows up with the URL randomplay://track, so there is obviously something different about the random settings. It just seemed odd to me that the web interface would allow you to add it as a favorite if it doesn't actually work. Am I just missing something, or is it not possible?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
John

This is broken in 7.2 unfortunately. It certainly should work, it just doesn't right now. This is probably http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9097.

Max

soxfan
2008-09-09, 08:20
Thanks for the replies. Glad to know it wasn't just me doing something stupid. I can certainly deal with the issue until it is fixed.