PDA

View Full Version : Frustration growing...

ledouxrt
2008-09-07, 17:38
I keep running into problems on this new Duet that I just bought. Mainly on the controller side of it.

It all first started when I added a link to my external hard drive and did a file rescan. The rescan was successful, but when I tried accessing my music with my SBC, it had logged itself off both my computer AND the SqueezeNetwork and wouldn't let me select a music source at all to get back on. I decided to remove the links to my external hard drive and reinstall the SqueezeCenter on my computer, which allowed me access to a music source again.

Now... My SBC is just shutting off at random times. The battery life is full, the wifi signal is strong, and most of the times I'm in the middle of using the controller when it decides to shut off on me.

Is anyone else having these same problems and/or know how to fix them? I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

SuperQ
2008-09-07, 20:34
I just got my new controller on Friday. It's been working very well, nothing like you describe. I'm running SqueezeCenter 7.2. (also got a Boom) I did have one issue where the settings screen stopped scrolling, but a quick battery reset fixed it and it hasn't happened again.

iPhone
2008-09-08, 10:32
I keep running into problems on this new Duet that I just bought. Mainly on the controller side of it.

It all first started when I added a link to my external hard drive and did a file rescan. The rescan was successful, but when I tried accessing my music with my SBC, it had logged itself off both my computer AND the SqueezeNetwork and wouldn't let me select a music source at all to get back on. I decided to remove the links to my external hard drive and reinstall the SqueezeCenter on my computer, which allowed me access to a music source again.

Now... My SBC is just shutting off at random times. The battery life is full, the wifi signal is strong, and most of the times I'm in the middle of using the controller when it decides to shut off on me.

Is anyone else having these same problems and/or know how to fix them? I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

Its now Monday. Email or call Tech Support. I did have this happen to me once between Beta SC upgrades and I had to reboot everything including the Controller so it could find my Network. And as a side note, just because one has a strong WiFi signal doesn't mean that much. There could be an IP conflict that prevents the Controller from working with the strong network it sees. So a quick review of you IP and DHCP settings is always a good place to start.