PDA

View Full Version : Bug or intended behaviour?

egd
2008-09-07, 13:10
I was lying in bed this morning using my IR remote, flipping through albums and tracks trying to settle on something to listen to when I noticed something I'd meant to post about some time ago.

If you browse artists or albums and then press play at an album name, the SB3 display tells you what is playing. However, if you then hit skip track it briefly flashes the next track name and plays it, but reverts the display to the first track. The only way I've found around this is to then hit now playing. Not sure about others views but it's pretty annoying not having the display change to show the song title of the currently playing song.

egd
2008-09-08, 17:05
bumpety bump...

peter
2008-09-09, 11:34
egd wrote:
> I was lying in bed this morning using my IR remote, flipping through
> albums and tracks trying to settle on something to listen to when I
> noticed something I'd meant to post about some time ago.
>
> If you browse artists or albums and then press play at an album name,
> the SB3 display tells you what is playing. However, if you then hit
> skip track it briefly flashes the next track name and plays it, but
> reverts the display to the first track. The only way I've found around
> this is to then hit now playing. Not sure about others views but it's
> pretty annoying not having the display change to show the song title of
> the currently playing song.
>

Isn't that why the 'now playing' screen saver was invented?

Regards,
Peter

egd
2008-09-09, 13:12
I'd have thought that when one skips a track, not only should the next tracks start playing (as it does), but also that the display should show details of the corresponding track (which it doesn't). It does correct itself when the screensaver kicks in, but if you're flipping through a new album you're unfamiliar with it is nice to know the track # and title of the currently playing track as opposed to track 1 and its title.