PDA

View Full Version : Restarting automatically on rebooting WHS?

life4theliving
2008-09-07, 08:40
Does anybody know how I can get my WHS to restart Squeezecentre automatically upon power up, without first having to actually logon as a user or administrator? I live in a rural area with many powercuts, and it's a real faff having to logon all the time after a boot up. It's a headless server and my kids stream off the server when I'm working away, so although this sounds trivial (okay, it probably is!) it would be great if it would just start on boot.

p.s. earlier versions of squeeze center (or earlier versions of WHS) seemed to do this automatically?

JJZolx
2008-09-07, 11:16
Does anybody know how I can get my WHS to restart Squeezecentre automatically upon power up, without first having to actually logon as a user or administrator? I live in a rural area with many powercuts, and it's a real faff having to logon all the time after a boot up. It's a headless server and my kids stream off the server when I'm working away, so although this sounds trivial (okay, it probably is!) it would be great if it would just start on boot.

p.s. earlier versions of squeeze center (or earlier versions of WHS) seemed to do this automatically?

Yes, the earlier versions of SqueezeCenter/SlimServer ran as a system service, so were started when the system booted up. SqueezeCenter was changed to run under a user account by default. It can be changed using:

Start > Programs > SqueezeCenter > SqueezeCenter Startup options

life4theliving
2008-09-16, 16:16
Nice one, thanks for helping out.