PDA

View Full Version : MusicIP import failing when processing WMA (with DRM)

Terje
2008-09-06, 06:16
I've finally gotten around to installing MusicIP MusicMixer (MMM) and integrated that with SqueezeCenter (SC).

I did read somewhere that the "Music Folder" setting in SC should be empty in such a setup so that's what I did.

However, in my collection there are some protected (DRM) WMA's, and while the normal "Music Folder" scan doesn't seem to care, the import from MMM always stops when trying to process such file. I know SC/SBx doesn't support DRM files, but should it really fail and stop the scan/import?

Also, another question, do I really have to keep the "Music Folder" empty? There are music in my collection which the normal folder scan picks up which MMM does not.

My setup is running all headless-only on Windows Server 2003 with the following versions:

MusicIP MusicMixer 1.9b6 (Headless only)
SqueezeCenter 7.2 (23028)

Siduhe
2008-09-06, 07:18
You don't have to keep the Music Folder empty, although some people find that removing it fixes problems with the MIP import. If you have the Music Folder set (as I do) it will merge the library with your MIP info.

To try and get around the MIP problem, you could exclude the tracks from your MIP library (change enabled to NO from the GUI - or just untick the Enabled box following a right click) which will stop them forming part of your cache BUT I'm pretty sure this won't work if you are running MIP headless, only if you running MIP as an application. Maybe give it a try and see.

Terje
2008-09-06, 07:35
You don't have to keep the Music Folder empty, although some people find that removing it fixes problems with the MIP import. If you have the Music Folder set (as I do) it will merge the library with your MIP info.

Thanks for the information, I'll try to reinsert the Music Folder in my configuration then.

To try and get around the MIP problem, you could exclude the tracks from your MIP library (change enabled to NO from the GUI - or just untick the Enabled box following a right click) which will stop them forming part of your cache BUT I'm pretty sure this won't work if you are running MIP headless, only if you running MIP as an application. Maybe give it a try and see.

I'm only using the headless MusicIP, and I've now deleted all the DRM'ed WMA's as they was nothing I planned on keeping. But, my point is that the import shouldn't fail. I took me a while to figure out what really happened here.

Siduhe
2008-09-06, 08:02
Take your point - where did you get the files from? I ask because I just dumped a couple of protected WMA tracks into my Library to see if I could see where the issue arises. However, my scan (including the MIP import) finished fine, although the DRM track obviously doesn't appear.

Is there anything in the scanner.log file (look in Squeezecenter/Settings/Status for a link to scanner.log) to show the scan failing?

Terje
2008-09-06, 08:33
Take your point - where did you get the files from? I ask because I just dumped a couple of protected WMA tracks into my Library to see if I could see where the issue arises. However, my scan (including the MIP import) finished fine, although the DRM track obviously doesn't appear.

I guess the files was something friends has dropped off a long time ago. Those are files I'm removing anyway, so the problem isn't big for me.

Is there anything in the scanner.log file (look in Squeezecenter/Settings/Status for a link to scanner.log) to show the scan failing?

This is basically what I got in the scanner.log each time. I only enabled debugging on the musicip parts to be able to pinpoint which files failed so I don't have any deeper log information at this time.

[08-09-06 14:41:08.5822] main::main (219) Error: Failed when running main scan: [Can't call method "content_type" on an undefined value at /<D:\Programs\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Schema.pm line 1155, <MMMDATA> chunk 17215.]
[08-09-06 14:41:08.5826] main::main (220) Error: Skipping post-process & Not updating lastRescanTime!

I'll see if I've got some time to clear and scan with some more debugging enabled. For now I'm just happy everything works again :o)