PDA

View Full Version : Controller gets stuck!

johndpar
2008-09-06, 02:55
Hi folks

My SBC frequently gets stuck at the Logitech logo requiring a long press to power off and try again. Might take 10-15 goes to get past this.

Also it often seems to reboot itself once it is up and running.

Any ideas or is this an RMA job?

Thanks

John

johndpar
2008-09-06, 07:33
I managed to update to the latest controller firmware (2873) and logged in via SSH.

Did a tail -f /var/log/messages and this is the last entry before it crashed.

Sep 6 14:52:49 SqueezeboxController user.crit kernel: s3c2410-wdt: Unexpected close, not stopping watchdog!

So then I tried to get it running again and still have the saga of:

Needed a long press to power off
Got stuck at Logitech logo

Apart from this the system works very well when controlled via web browser on PC or PDA.

So, any ideas?

John

SC 7.2 running on QNAP TS-409Pro
Two SBR - one wired, one wireless
One SBC - endless grief?

MickeyG
2008-09-06, 10:20
It doesn't sound good. I'm surprised you were able to download the latest firmware onto it successfully.

You'll probably need to do an RMA. Before you do, could you try one last thing and perform a factory reset? To do this, you can either go to the "Settings->Advanced->Factory Reset" option on the menu, or hold down the "+" key during Controller power on (to do this you 1) pop battery in or press power key, then 2) release "+" key when you see "Free Your Music" screen).

If this works, then your Controller should never get stuck at the Logitech logo again. If it even does this intermittently, then you should call up support to go through the RMA process.

Mickey

P.S. Has it always behaved this way? Or did it just start doing this recently?

johndpar
2008-09-06, 10:38
Hi Mickey

Well I've done the factory reset and reconfigured the wireless net settings.

I would say it has always been flakey but totally unpredictable - sometimes it works for days, sometimes seconds.

I'll see if it fails again and then do the RMA on Monday. Fingers crossed.

Regards

John

johndpar
2008-09-11, 02:18
Well even after the factory reset it still hangs and when it does fire up it reboots and then hangs after a random time.

So, I've emailed support to go through RMA.

Many thanks

John

SC 7.2 running on QNAP TS-409Pro
Two SBR - one wired, one wireless
One SBC - RIP!