PDA

View Full Version : Turning SqueezeCenter off turns SB Receiver on

gen-ik
2008-09-06, 01:24
I have a normal SB Duet setup, i.e. a SB Receiver and a SB Controller. SqueezeCenter is installed on my laptop.

When I'm done with listening, I

1. turn off the SB Receiver using the Controller. The white light turns off, indicating that the Receiver is now off
2. turn off the SB Controller by holding the Home button for a couple of seconds
3. turn off the laptop, where SqueezeCenter is installed

After step 3, SB Receiver wakes up with a blue light. What's causing this and how can I prevent it? For electricity saving and aesthetic reasons I would like the SB Receiver to stay off.

Phil Leigh
2008-09-06, 01:38
I have a normal SB Duet setup, i.e. a SB Receiver and a SB Controller. SqueezeCenter is installed on my laptop.

When I'm done with listening, I

1. turn off the SB Receiver using the Controller. The white light turns off, indicating that the Receiver is now off
2. turn off the SB Controller by holding the Home button for a couple of seconds
3. turn off the laptop, where SqueezeCenter is installed

After step 3, SB Receiver wakes up with a blue light. What's causing this and how can I prevent it? For electricity saving and aesthetic reasons I would like the SB Receiver to stay off.

You won't save any electricity unless you pull the mains plug. All slim devices are designed to be "always on"...

The big saving comes from allowing your PC to sleep and then be awoken by the duet when you want to listen to music.

gen-ik
2008-09-06, 01:56
Ok, I could anticipate that. But regardless of that, I think it doesn't work the way it supposed to work - if I turn the thing off, it should stay off until I turn it on.

schiegl
2008-09-06, 02:04
Hi,

i think this one has been fixed already: http://svn.slimdevices.com?rev=23047&view=rev so either wait for 7.2.1 or if you can't wait try a "nightly".

kind regards,
Markus

gen-ik
2008-09-06, 12:57
Thanks, I'll wait for the update then. :) Here's a direct link to the bug report, in case somebody's interested.