PDA

View Full Version : Boom question - where does the bass/tone control happen?

EnochLight
2008-09-05, 17:55
Is the bass/tone control being added to the stream on SqueezeNetwork (like being applied on Logitech's server and then sent to my Boom), or is the bass/tone control happening on the Boom's DSP?

Just curious (I don't run SqueezeCenter right now and have no idea if the new version does this as well).

Thanks,

EnochLight

SuperQ
2008-09-05, 18:45
According to the white paper, all the tone controls are done in the DSP. This way they get applied to all sources, including the line in.

EnochLight
2008-09-05, 19:32
According to the white paper, all the tone controls are done in the DSP. This way they get applied to all sources, including the line in.

Thanks - I was just reading the white paper Caleb wrote and saw that - very cool. That said it's a shame that controls for it weren't placed on the remote or actual Boom. Would be much handier than going into the web interface audio controls.

radish
2008-09-05, 19:35
Thanks - I was just reading the white paper Caleb wrote and saw that - very cool. That said it's a shame that controls for it weren't placed on the remote or actual Boom. Would be much handier than going into the web interface audio controls.

You don't need to use the web interface, all the controls are in the regular player menus and are also available on the SBC.

Phil Leigh
2008-09-05, 23:48
That's correct - you can adjust Bass and Treble on the Boom itself using the knob...

EnochLight
2008-09-06, 04:41
You don't need to use the web interface, all the controls are in the regular player menus and are also available on the SBC.

That's correct - you can adjust Bass and Treble on the Boom itself using the knob...

I just found that; thanks!

That said, it would be nice to have had a separate bass/tone control (hard buttons) on the remote/front panel that directly controls it. I realize there's limited real estate though so I see why what was put on there was placed where it is. I just tend to adjust bass/tone quite often depending on the song playing and have always desired easier access.

Oh well - the fact that I can now at least adjust bass/tone on a Squeezebox natively without having to use a CPU intensive plugin is amazing! Thanks Slim!

GordyInMA-USA
2008-10-05, 14:12

I may be a little slow on the take up here, as I am a Newbie but would you be kind enough to provide me with step by step help on accessing both the tone controls via the player menues as well as the SBC(?)?

Thanks!

MeSue
2008-10-05, 15:18
I may be a little slow on the take up here, as I am a Newbie but would you be kind enough to provide me with step by step help on accessing both the tone controls via the player menues as well as the SBC(?)?

From the main menu, Settings > Audio.