PDA

View Full Version : From someone who had a fit seeting up the Duet...

Howard Passman
2008-09-05, 12:58
Setting up the DUET was one of the biggest pains in the butt for me. The Boom however...what a joy. Set up was so simple and it worked great. In just a few minutes it was up and working. Even the two updates it ran immediately (what a tease) didn't take very long. Thanks guys (Logitech)

So far I haven't had it but about 15 minutes so I can't say much about operation. I am running through my "listening tracks" and I will say this. Never having heard the AudioEngine A2's I can't say how the sound compares, but it doesn't come close to the A5's. It sounds great, but I'm saying that after listening to one song, I hooked the headphone out to my A5's and it's wonderful. Again, not having sat down and really listened, I don't know if it sounds as good as the Duet receiver, but if it doesn't, it has to be close.

Next, I run it through my main 2 channel set up. Worth every penny and I can finally replace my semi-melted radio alarm clock.

Thanks again

Howard

ccrome2
2008-09-05, 13:44
Great to hear.

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Howard Passman <
Howard.Passman.3fa5xz1220644802 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>
> So far I haven't had it but about 15 minutes so I can't say much about
> operation. I am running through my "listening tracks" and I will say
> this. Never having heard the AudioEngine A2's I can't say how the
> sound compares,

We did some quick and dirty measurements here, and boom significantly
outperforms the A2 in the bass region.

> I don't know if it sounds as good as the Duet
> receiver, but if it doesn't, it has to be close.

It's literally the same output chip as the Squeezebox Receiver, so it should
be virtually identical.

Howard Passman
2008-09-05, 15:15
Now that I've got a few hours with it I can say this is a very cool little box. Lots of well thought out features like the multifunction snooze button and the display is very configurable. Is that a word?

Anyway, highly reccomended alll the way... If the Duet had been this easy to set up I'd have 37 fewer gray hairs :-)

Howard