PDA

View Full Version : Re: [slim] new server, streaming problem!



andreas
2003-11-19, 15:46
W'hello....

More debug information for ya guys regarding this issue which is pretty
annoying for me 'coz I'm listening to ALOT of streaming music...
URL worked before, and works as usual in winamp, but... just stops SSv5 (19/11)!!!

Get the following with d_protocol / d_remotestream / d_source / d_source_verbose!

--- DEBUG START ---
2003-11-19 23:42:14 00:04:20:02:05:2f: Switching to mode play
2003-11-19 23:42:14 openSong on: http://66.28.68.70:8005
2003-11-19 23:42:14 Opening connection to http://66.28.68.70:8005: [66.28.68.70 on port 8005 with path /]
2003-11-19 23:42:14 Request: GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: 66.28.68.70:8005
User-Agent: iTunes/3.0 (linux; SlimServer 5.0.0)
Accept: */*
Cache-Control: no-cache
Connection: close
Icy-MetaData:1

2003-11-19 23:42:14 Response: ICY 200 OK
2003-11-19 23:42:14 header: icy-notice1:<BR>This stream requires <a href="http://www.winamp.com/">Winamp</a><BR>
2003-11-19 23:42:14 header: icy-notice2:SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server/win32 v1.9.2<BR>
2003-11-19 23:42:14 header: icy-name:BIGUPRADIO Roots Reggae <HIGH> 24/7 Steady Rockin Roots Reggae <<One Love>>
2003-11-19 23:42:14 header: icy-genre:reggae
2003-11-19 23:42:14 header: icy-url:http://www.bigupradio.com
2003-11-19 23:42:14 header: Content-Type:audio/mpeg
2003-11-19 23:42:14 header: icy-pub:1
2003-11-19 23:42:14 header: icy-metaint:8192
2003-11-19 23:42:14 header: icy-br:128
2003-11-19 23:42:14 header:
2003-11-19 23:42:14 Recieved final blank line...
2003-11-19 23:42:14 opened stream!
2003-11-19 23:42:14 New play mode: play
2003-11-19 23:42:14 read a chunk of 1241 length
2003-11-19 23:42:14 00:04:20:02:05:2f: Current playmode: play
2003-11-19 23:42:14 readlen undef 0
2003-11-19 23:42:14 end of file or error on socket, opening next song, (song pos: 1241(tell says: . 1619), totalbytes: 0)
2003-11-19 23:42:14 opening next song...
2003-11-19 23:42:14 00:04:20:02:05:2f: Switching to mode playout-stop
--- DEBUG STOP ---


andreas wrote:

> hey!
>
> superb work guys, neat thing you got there now.
> I'd like some more indepth pics though ;)
>
> anyways, just installed the new server and I can't
> stream from ie shoutcast.
>
> it connects, and if i'm luck i'll get a pop/crack and
> then the player stops.
>
> with -d_remotestream, d_strem, d_stream_v I get this:
> 2003-11-18 11:23:46 header: icy-icq: 0
> 2003-11-18 11:23:46 header: icy-aim: N/A
> 2003-11-18 11:23:46 header:
> 2003-11-18 11:23:46 Recieved final blank line...
> 2003-11-18 11:23:46 opened stream!
> 2003-11-18 11:23:46 00:04:20:02:05:2f new stream
> 2003-11-18 11:23:46 stream not readable
> 2003-11-18 11:23:46 00:04:20:02:05:2f stream play out
> 2003-11-18 11:23:46 stream not readable
> 2003-11-18 11:23:46 00:04:20:02:05:2f sendEmptyChunk
> 2003-11-18 11:23:46 00:04:20:02:05:2f 1069151026.35398 sending stream,
> seq=3693 len=0 wptr=0 state=eof inflight=
> 2003-11-18 11:23:46 6354.3 reset
> 2003-11-18 11:23:46 00:04:20:02:05:2f 1069151026.35626 gotAck for seq:
> 3693 2003-11-18 11:23:46 ack: wptr:0, rptr:0, seq:3693, 2003-11-18
> 11:23:46 bytesinflight:0 fullness:0
>
> Running perl-version on linux!
>
> regards
> /andreas
>
>

Robert Moser II
2003-11-20, 08:41
I tried out that URL with the blocking($sock,0) call in Source.pm both
on and off and got the same thing both ways. The stream would not play
initially (well, it claimed to be playing, but there was no sound), but
I would get a lot of these messages (with --d_remotestream --d_source
--d_source_verbose --d_http):

2003-11-20 07:37:14 read a chunk of 8192 length
2003-11-20 07:37:14 (audio: 8192bytes)
2003-11-20 07:37:14 Streamed 8192 to 192.168.1.102
2003-11-20 07:37:14 sendstreaming response begun...

After about 5-10 minutes, the stream started actually playing. Very odd.

I'm running the perl scripts under Win2K.

dean
2003-11-20, 08:58
Robert,

Remind me, are you using ActivePerl or Cygwin Perl?


On Nov 20, 2003, at 7:41 AM, Robert Moser II wrote:

> I tried out that URL with the blocking($sock,0) call in Source.pm both
> on and off and got the same thing both ways. The stream would not
> play initially (well, it claimed to be playing, but there was no
> sound), but I would get a lot of these messages (with --d_remotestream
> --d_source --d_source_verbose --d_http):
>
> 2003-11-20 07:37:14 read a chunk of 8192 length
> 2003-11-20 07:37:14 (audio: 8192bytes)
> 2003-11-20 07:37:14 Streamed 8192 to 192.168.1.102
> 2003-11-20 07:37:14 sendstreaming response begun...
>
> After about 5-10 minutes, the stream started actually playing. Very
> odd.
>
> I'm running the perl scripts under Win2K.
>
>