PDA

View Full Version : Squeezecenter Navigation

dhuskey
2008-09-03, 07:08
The Squeezecenter allows you to append a song/album/playlist etc. to the current playlist, or to begin planning it immediately, replacing the current playlist. A really nice feature missing, is the ability to start a new playlist/selection after the current song completes. Even better, but much harder to code, would be the ability to insert a new playlist/selection after the current song. Many times, I get a new selection ready but either have to delete all remaining songs in the playlist, or wait until just at the end of the current song to start the selection.

MeSue
2008-09-03, 10:35
You can press and hold *add* to have the selection inserted after the currently playing song. The "Add next" option is also in some of the Web skins, but not all of them (I wish it were in all of them).

radish
2008-09-03, 10:40
You can get "Play Next" and a few other controls in the default skin by enabling Settings/Interface/Additional Playlist Buttons.

jsharper
2008-09-03, 11:45
You can get "Play Next" and a few other controls in the default skin by enabling Settings/Interface/Additional Playlist Buttons.

Why in the world is that not enabled by default???

MeSue
2008-09-03, 11:52

Thanks!

That was already enabled in my default skin. The place where I miss the play next button the most is on the Handheld skin since I use it from my PDA sometimes. I once read a suggestion on how to customize that skin, but I didn't do it at the time and now I don't remember it. I'd also like to see it in the Nokia skin, since I just discovered that skin works well on the Opera browser on the Wii.

If anyone could refresh my memory on how to customize those skins to include the add next buttons, I promise to save it this time. :-)

dhuskey
2008-09-03, 17:06
that's very cool!