PDA

View Full Version : First review on Amazon.com

MeSue
2008-09-02, 11:46
Neener, neener... I got to post the first review!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DJ64D4/

Club1820
2008-09-02, 12:38
Are boom buyers also painting them Pink!?!!?

Customers who viewed this item also viewed
KRYLON 3526 SATIN TOUCH SPRAY PAINT ENAMEL 12 Oz.SIMPLY PINK(PACK OF 6)
KRYLON 3526 SATIN TOUCH SPRAY PAINT ENAMEL 12 Oz.SIMPLY PINK(PACK OF 6)by Krylon
Buy new: $32.89
In Stock

ModelCitizen
2008-09-02, 13:54
Sorry, that's not a review. It's a lazy PR job.

MC

Mark Lanctot
2008-09-03, 05:48
Sorry, that's not a review. It's a lazy PR job.

Not sure where you're getting that...Sue's review was very brief and very well-worded. Yes, it was complimentary but if you see Sue's posts on this forum she isn't lying.

Skunk
2008-09-03, 05:59
Since MC brought it up :-) IMHO there should be a disclaimer that there is some affiliation with said company.

If I were buying a hair growth product, and there was only one review on Amazon, I'd hope it was not the owner of the company who wrote it, even if he's also a happy customer.

ModelCitizen
2008-09-03, 06:08
Not sure where you're getting that...Sue's review was very brief and very well-worded. Yes, it was complimentary but if you see Sue's posts on this forum she isn't lying.
Ah. I was taking about the Amazon piece, which is what I thought Sue was referring to (which does just appear to be Logitech PR/product description stuff). I guess Sue was talking about the customer feedback below.

My mistake. Sorry.

MC

Club1820
2008-09-03, 08:11
Since MC brought it up :-) IMHO there should be a disclaimer that there is some affiliation with said company.

If I were buying a hair growth product, and there was only one review on Amazon, I'd hope it was not the owner of the company who wrote it, even if he's also a happy customer.

What is Sue's affiliation?

MeSue
2008-09-03, 08:47

Thanks, Mark. My feelings were a bit hurt when I read that, but now I see that MC hadn't seen my user review below all the product info on the page.

For the record, I was referring to the customer review by "SC" on Amazon.com, and I have no affiliation with Logitech except being a beta tester. The review is my own opinion and no one twisted my arm or paid me to post it. :)

Club1820
2008-09-03, 12:15
So how does one become a Beta Tester?

MeSue
2008-09-03, 12:36
We were invited for the Boom project. I imagine I was included because I had been quite vocal on this forum in the past about my desire for such a device. (For several years, I had "I want a Squeezebox Boombox!" in my signature.) Probably being an active forum member and submitting bugs may have also factored in.

ModelCitizen
2008-09-03, 12:43
You have to spend a long time on the forums slagging off the products (at least that can be the only reason I was invited).

MC

mvalera
2008-09-03, 12:50
We were invited for the Boom project. I imagine I was included because I had been quite vocal on this forum in the past about my desire for such a device. (For several years, I had "I want a Squeezebox Boombox!" in my signature.) Probably being an active forum member and submitting bugs may have also factored in.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Skunk
2008-09-03, 14:28
I have no affiliation with Logitech except being a beta tester. The review is my own opinion and no one twisted my arm or paid me to post it. :)

You're right and I apologize for suggesting that.